Bit Of A Yarn

A First For Profitable At Kempton

• Journalists

All logic pointed to the fact that Darley's first-season sire Profitable (Ire) (by Invincible Spirit {Ire}) was going to be quick off the mark in 2021 and so it proved as Wednesday's Unibet Extra Place Offers Every Day EBF Fillies' Novice S. at Kempton saw Thunder Love (GB) provide that early first winner. Pacey from the outset as she made her way across from a wide draw to shadow the leader Chandrika (Ire) (Requinto {Ire}), Amo Racing Limited's bay took command approaching the furlong pole en route to an authoritative 3 1/4-length success as the well-backed 15-8 favourite. Jockey Rossa Ryan said of the George Boughey trainee, “She was quick out and put herself in a position that I could do what I wanted with her. She was having a bit of a look bit and being timid, but as soon as I gave her the office she did it very well. All the signs were positive coming into today and she was a benchmark for where our 2-year-olds are. She has a lot of speed, was quickening away all the way to the line and there's more to come. Maybe later on in the year, she would give herself every opportunity to go six furlongs, but I'd imagine she'll stay over five for now.”

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post A First For Profitable At Kempton appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article