Bit Of A Yarn

Introducing Meagan

Wandering Eyes

• Journalists

Meagan Dampier-Crossley is Harness Racing New Zealand’s latest acquisition – and she is all about traceability, which is an important part of HRNZ’s overall commitment to animal welfare.

Meagan will focus on the InfoHorse section of the HRNZ website to update the status of horses when they leave the racing industry. It’s part of HRNZ’s initiative to improve the traceability of Standardbreds.

Meagan has her spreadsheet at the ready and will be contacting owners, trainers and other licence-holders throughout the country.

“I’m just getting my feet under the table and I’m excited to get started.”

Meagan comes to HRNZ after spending the last 13 years as a mother.

She has an extensive background in all things equine. A qualified vet nurse she has also been a South Island rep for a horse massage therapy company, and even rode trackwork in Toowoomba during a four year stint across the Tasman in the early 2000s.

“I have been riding horses since I was a kid.”

We are excited to welcome Meagan to the HRNZ team, and she will be contacting owners and trainers over the coming weeks to talk with them about their horses.

The post Introducing Meagan appeared first on BOAY Racing News.

View the full article