Bit Of A Yarn

T.I.P. Championships Return in October

• Journalists

The Thoroughbred Incentive Program (T.I.P.) Championships horse show will return this Oct. 8-10 at Stable View in Aiken, SC, officials at The Jockey Club T.I.P. announced Monday. The 2020 event was a casualty of the COVID-19 pandemic.

A total of $60,000 will be up for grabs, with awards down to 10th place in 30 divisions spanning hunters, jumpers, dressage, a combined test, Western dressage, English pleasure, and Western pleasure. For the first time, the event will also offer in-hand championships.

We are delighted to be able to bring the T.I.P. Championships to Stable View for the first time and to celebrate Thoroughbreds in a region that has historically supported the breed,” said Kristin Werner, senior counsel for The Jockey Club and administrator of T.I.P. “We will be celebrating 10 years of the Thoroughbred Incentive Program at a venue that has been supporting the program by offering awards at their events. After being forced to cancel last year's show due to the pandemic, we are looking forward to an event that will be bigger and better than ever.”

To qualify for the Championships, a T.I.P. eligible Thoroughbred must (1) participate in a show offering T.I.P. high point awards, classes or divisions beginning Aug. 1, 2020 through Sept. 5, 2021; or (2) participate in Take2 divisions beginning Aug. 1, 2020 through Sept. 5, 2021; or (3) be entered in the 2021 RRP Mega Makeover; or (4) have been qualified and declared for the 2020 T.I.P. Championships; or (5) have participated in the 2020 T.I.P. Performance Awards; or (6) be accepted through a hardship request.

For more information about the T.I.P. Championships and eligibility, please visit www.tjctip.com/About/CSI. The full class list is available at www.tjctip.com/About/CSF.

avw.php?zoneid=45&cb=67700179&n=af62659d

The post T.I.P. Championships Return in October appeared first on TDN | Thoroughbred Daily News | Horse Racing News, Results and Video | Thoroughbred Breeding and Auctions.

View the full article