Bit Of A Yarn

Kelly Gommans kennel

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

This kennel seems to have been given every chance to be successful but continues to disappoint.

She gets talented enough dogs from the Walsh and Weir kennels and to be fair they have been awful, with her dogs being up and down by kilos every race start.

If you cannot make it with the canine stock she manages to get then she will continue to struggle.

Or is it a case of these trainers knowing that any dogs she gets won’t win races or improve so it makes them look better?

• 2 weeks later...
Guest CrossCodes

Oscars Reality wins first up today since moving kennels.

Buddy, favourite for some unknown reason can’t even raise a gallop from box 1 and finishes near last.

All of the top grade Thrilling Dogs Kelly got seem to have all been broken down, all the ones she got from the Weir kennel have been scratched since being down kilos in weight and being dehydrated.

Truth hurts sometimes but you can be the nicest person in the industry, does not mean you should train dogs or are capable of training them to their full potential.

Guest CrossCodes
On 10/10/2021 at 10:28 AM, interested said:

Who the Hell are you. Put your name to your comment . Who are you to Judge. Kelly has done very well with her dogs and loves them  to bits. Don't pull someone apart ,Support them. Gail McInerney.

And as for you, your kennel has murdered more dogs than anyone could have ever imagined over the years.

Why do we see almost zero dogs from your kennel being rehomed?

Where are the 3 dogs that broke limbs a few weeks back that according to the Stipe report have been ‘retired’?

We all know that means dead in reference to your kennel.

You should be the last person to even dare comment about other people.

How did your dogs go at Palmy last week when 3 of them were in the stipes report for being so lethargic that they were completely tailed off and could not keep up?

Your kennel is the reason why greyhound racing won’t be around for much longer, your husband even admits to being a ‘greyhound farmer’ 

The Homebush kennels should be closed down, but are any of you capable of doing anything else?

Edited by CrossCodes

I wouldn’t normally lower myself to publicly reply to someone who so clearly has it out for me . Especially someone I don’t even know perhaps I do who knows  
oscar went great today it’s amazing what a good box draw does for a hard railer I am over the moon he won on his birthday 

buddy couldn’t get a clear run as much as he tried after mistaking the start . 
I only have two injured dogs at The moment thanks and only one is top grade but what is happening with the rest is of no concern to you I guess if you continue to stalk them you shall soon see  . . 
not sure what your problem is with me but I’m guessing people would have a lot to say about you hence hiding behind a fake name . Sorry someone can get under your skin so bad you have to try and bring them down on a public forum

• Like 2

I don’t know who you are, or what your position is on racing, but personally you don’t know what you are talking. 

1. The fact that the dog had only been out of her kennels for little over a week doesn’t suggest it’s the trainer who is at fault, did you ever think that maybe boxes 6 and 7 are not suited to the dog….. 

2. The thrilling dogs she has gotten have been good dogs, yes they have been sick, yes that happens, it’s life, dogs get sick, people get sick, animals get sick! at least she doesn’t race her dogs while being sick like other trainers I know. 

3. You have no right to comment on somebody else because you can’t seem to put your name to the comment, why don’t you just have a chat with Kellie about it and maybe you would get the facts you need. 

The real truth is that Kellie cares about her dogs more than you realise! 

• Like 1

It has been my experience in life there are two types of people there are the ones that get on an do things to the best of there ability an then those that are just simply jealous of what they can achieve you mate fall into the second group as you can’t even put your name to any comment you have put up I happen to own or part own sum of dogs you have so kindly mentioned an couldn’t be happier with how they have been treated or performed its not all about how much shit you can stuff in them to preform for the mighty dollar it’s about the dogs well-being an love off what they were breed for so if you have a problem with that take it out on me im a big boy with big shoulders an can take a bit of crap 

On 18/10/2021 at 3:31 PM, CrossCodes said:

And as for you, your kennel has murdered more dogs than anyone could have ever imagined over the years.

Where are the 3 dogs that broke limbs a few weeks back that according to the Stipe report have been ‘retired’?

How did your dogs go at Palmy last week when 3 of them were in the stipes report for being so lethargic that they were completely tailed off and could not keep up?

Your kennel is the reason why greyhound racing won’t be around for much longer, your husband even admits to being a ‘greyhound farmer’ 

The Homebush kennels should be closed down, but are any of you capable of doing anything else?

What a champ you are … what is this the Luke and merv show … one bends over and the other is taking it haha you sure are across both codes … yes yes no . Clearly you can’t count or see,have a look on the gap page you will see all the dogs that have been rehomed. In fact the people that have been taking the Mcinerney dogs say they are some of the best dogs to work with and are flying by … but don’t let the truth get in the way of your story. It’s half wits like you that are stuffing the game up with your low comments . Unfortunately we have people like you in this world that like to hide behind the keyboard bringing other people down because you yourself couldn’t train a fish to swim . Enjoy your day go play with each other,go get the benefit that these hard working people you backstab are paying for ! 

On 10/18/2021 at 3:31 PM, CrossCodes said:

So true. It’s funny how they went from every dog being injured and being humanely euthanised to retired. 

On 10/10/2021 at 10:28 AM, interested said:

Who the Hell are you. Put your name to your comment . Who are you to Judge. Kelly has done very well with her dogs and loves them  to bits. Don't pull someone apart ,Support them. Gail McInerney.

Hi Gail,

How's Homebush Connor doing these days?

https://www.grnz.co.nz/greyhounds/profiles.aspx?AnimalID=30810

• Qualified at 15 months old. 
  • Retired at 21 months old after a bit of a mishap with the rail.
  • Always seemed quite a happy & playful pup around the track.
  • Obviously got some special attention from the kennel having received a 4 month rest break between his last two races during his 6 month racing career.
  • His final race was intentionally up 4.1kg. Great to see it wasn't the scales fault & an early part of the rehoming plan.

If he all patched up now & still somewhere around the kennels, someone here on BOAY might be interested in giving him a forever home.

Regards,

Charles

• Like 1