Bit Of A Yarn

Johnny Nevits Race 2 at Banks Peninsula Wednesday 29 Dec 2021

Chief Stipe

Johnny Nevits is stood down by HRNZ and can't race until this status is changed either by an RIU hearing or a clearance is granted. Cam Jones other horses are not stood down so can race. I have no idea why Jones is nominating the horse because I am sure he understands that he can't race it.

3 minutes ago, Robalan said:

You are correct, but I think Jones will regret nominating the horse when he is fully aware of its status

But the system shouldn't allow him to nominate!!!!  It is farcical management and makes the industry look like Disneyland.

Is there a published reason why the horse is stood down?  

What has to happen for the horse to not be stood down?

How long does it take for the last pre-race swab results?

Regardless of those results shouldn't the horse be allowed to start subject to a pre-race swab?

Why aren't ALL of Cam Jones horses stood down?

I agree with all of your points. I have no idea why clubs accept nominations of this horse. The horses status is recorded on the HRNZ computer as stood down so surely once its nomination is entered by a club, it should be immediately rejected by the computer. It is my understanding that Cam Jones will be facing charges by the RIU so I can't understand why he isn't stood down, rather than the horse

13 minutes ago, Robalan said:

I have no idea why clubs accept nominations of this horse.

I thought Clubs were no longer involved in nominations and acceptances i.e. it was all done centrally at HRNZ?

13 minutes ago, Robalan said:

It is my understanding that Cam Jones will be facing charges by the RIU so I can't understand why he isn't stood down, rather than the horse

Well that's speculation as well isn't it?  Surely if the RIB have sufficient evidence to lay one charge that would initiate the criteria to stand Jones down then they would do so.  As far as I know there is no rule to stop other charges from being laid after the first.  Seems the RIB are selective in who they tell what they are doing.

What we have now is endless speculation and rumour mongering that seems to be tainting everyone that trains at Woodend.

It has got Grimstone and INCA 2 written all over it.

• Like 1

What a load of absolute fiction, Robalan - he was not “caught in any act” at all. Please check your facts before posting your vindictive rubbish on this site. If you have any evidence to the contrary, feel free to share - otherwise stop posting rubbish. It’s inflammatory and does nobody any favours.