Bit Of A Yarn

Rich Hill

Hi Folks 

Got the thinking cap on for stallions this year ... I am interested in anyone's experience (good/bad/indifferent) with sending mares to Rich Hill - please post of PM if this is more appropriate.

Also interested in what experience anyone might have with progeny of Shocking or Jimmy Choux.

Thanks in advance.

Jess 

I think that it has a lot to do with the mares you put to the stallions if you are wanting history on mannerisms, traits, growth  - the mare has the greater trait value  ..  that is the data you want to field.. who has put mares to these sires and what is their experience based on their lines.

Edited by Chestnut

On 28/07/2018 at 6:13 PM, jess said:

Hi Folks 

Got the thinking cap on for stallions this year ... I am interested in anyone's experience (good/bad/indifferent) with sending mares to Rich Hill - please post of PM if this is more appropriate.

Also interested in what experience anyone might have with progeny of Shocking or Jimmy Choux.

Thanks in advance.

Jess 

Hi Jess - can’t say anything about those stallions, but we did buy a yearling filly from Rich Hill and I can’t speak highly enough of the experience. Our filly is lovely to,handle, easy going, nothing really fazes her and she broke in well.  And most of that goes back to the rearing and yearling prep regime.  Would send a mare to Vadamos or their new Japanes horse....but don’t have a suitable mare to justify the fees.