NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

The Chris Waller show...on Lasix

Thomass

Talk about a take over....

The systems must be so good he's the only trainer an owner wants?

https://twitter.com/DufficyRon/status/1023749121260187648?s=20

Even if he does use frusemide....I wonder if our top trainers use the same systems....Lasix?

Really it should be banned in training too shouldn't it?

Its a pitiful site watching a Thoroughbred standing in a corner dripping with sweat....

What would happen if the animal rights people published photos of that...and the accompanying story of what Thoroughbreds have to go through when satisfying the wants of an owner?

How is it a pitiful sight (not the spelling Tank)?  Many horses sweat profusely before a race however what would be more damning - photos of a horse sweating supposedly from Lasix or those of a horse bleeding profusely form its nostrils?

How many race bleeders has Waller had compared to other trainers?  All the science shows that nearly all horses bleed to some degree when under race exertion.

There's a hell of difference between a Lasix sweater and a free sweater...

Im picking he's not concerned with the bleeding aspect as much as the fact he can reduce the weight off them to work them harder....

Its banned in HK for very good reasons....Punters should have the right to know a neddy is being trained on Lasix..

...if it happens here...Punters should also have that knowledge obviously

...if it affects performance in trading its going to have that run on affect on race day...

7 minutes ago, Thomass said:

There's a hell of difference between a Lasix sweater and a free sweater...

Im picking he's not concerned with the bleeding aspect as much as the fact he can reduce the weight off them to work them harder....

Its banned in HK for very good reasons....Punters should have the right to know a neddy is being trained on Lasix..

...if it happens here...Punters should also have that knowledge obviously

...if it affects performance in trading its going to have that run on affect on race day...

Tank you don't seem to understand much about horse physiology.  They can be worked harder and not risk bleeding.  You don't dehydrate a horse to work it harder.

What are the "very good reasons" it is banned in Hong Kong?  Or is that one of your blanket no facts to back it statement?

Waller has been quite open about his Lasix use.  It is very rare for any of his horses not to be ready to race when they do race.  I can't recall the last time he said "it needed the run"...

Work them more efficiently then

Obviously if some are training on Lasix and others not...it screws up the comparitive times...Punters there said "Yea Na we run the show"

Here were not allowed to know the difference in a 50L H 11 track ffs

Thanks Cammo

Are you f in kidding me?

There was general shock when it was found he was using it in training...after one of his returned a positive in a Group race...

Only then did he become "quite open"

wake up

1 hour ago, Thomass said:

Work them more efficiently then

Obviously if some are training on Lasix and others not...it screws up the comparitive times...Punters there said "Yea Na we run the show"

Here were not allowed to know the difference in a 50L H 11 track ffs

Thanks Cammo

Are you f in kidding me?

There was general shock when it was found he was using it in training...after one of his returned a positive in a Group race...

Only then did he become "quite open"

wake up

It's legal Tank.  Does it matter if the punter knows or doesn't know?  Does it increase the animal's ability?  Probably not.

What comparative times? Training gallops? You surely don't use training gallop times as part of your assessment do you? If they gallop faster because they are 15kgs lighter as a result of Lasix administration, that surely can't make any difference on raceday.

5 hours ago, Thomass said:

Talk about a take over....

The systems must be so good he's the only trainer an owner wants?

https://twitter.com/DufficyRon/status/1023749121260187648?s=20

Even if he does use frusemide....I wonder if our top trainers use the same systems....Lasix?

Really it should be banned in training too shouldn't it?

Its a pitiful site watching a Thoroughbred standing in a corner dripping with sweat....

What would happen if the animal rights people published photos of that...and the accompanying story of what Thoroughbreds have to go through when satisfying the wants of an owner?

Please  plain the bit about the horse "standing in the corner dripping with sweat"

are you saying that is what Lasix does to a horse?

trainers here can use lasix, I think the with holding time is 4 days.

15 hours ago, curious said:

What comparative times? Training gallops? You surely don't use training gallop times as part of your assessment do you? If they gallop faster because they are 15kgs lighter as a result of Lasix administration, that surely can't make any difference on raceday.

Do you know anything about HK??

Apart from the horrendous apartment prices and the cost of a Who Flung Dung at the local stable Chinese take away outlet...

...the cost of ignoring HK Punters doesn't bare thinking about...

...and they call the shots

....and they're not going to put up with trainers giving drugs out for some training sessions and others not

..again pretty obvious I would have thought

...and HK officials don't want to be the pariahs of the world..like the yanks are

My understanding is lasix is a banned substance in NZ and Aussie?  Isn't that the reason bleeders are sent to the USA so they can use lasix on them?

Of is it legal here so long as it is not in the system at race time?

Edited by Reefton

No it's allowed to be used in training in Aus. and as BL thinks also here...

Waller's systems were found out when his horseG1 winner Junoob returned a positive to Lasix...

....probably too far out from the race to have had any effect though..

Punters should have access to all treatments like this...

...and why it was banned in HK...where Punters run the show

...and that's the way it should be

6 hours ago, Reefton said:

My understanding is lasix is a banned substance in NZ and Aussie?  Isn't that the reason bleeders are sent to the USA so they can use lasix on them?

Of is it legal here so long as it is not in the system at race time?

No not banned you can train on it but not race.

• Champ Post 1

7 hours ago, Thomass said:

Do you know anything about HK??

Apart from the horrendous apartment prices and the cost of a Who Flung Dung at the local stable Chinese take away outlet...

...the cost of ignoring HK Punters doesn't bare thinking about...

...and they call the shots

....and they're not going to put up with trainers giving drugs out for some training sessions and others not

..again pretty obvious I would have thought

...and HK officials don't want to be the pariahs of the world..like the yanks are

Tank Hong Kong is a closed system.  Everything is monitored in and out of that system.

In NZ and AUS we have open systems.  Less so in the Met centres in Victoria and NSW.

To monitor every input in NZ and AUS would be uneconomic.  Suck it up or just bet on Hong Kong.

I guess Blinkers on or off mean squat after all.

6 hours ago, Thomass said:

No it's allowed to be used in training in Aus. and as BL thinks also here...

Waller's systems were found out when his horseG1 winner Junoob returned a positive to Lasix...

....probably too far out from the race to have had any effect though..

Punters should have access to all treatments like this...

...and why it was banned in HK...where Punters run the show

...and that's the way it should be

Still waiting for you to explain the "standing in the corner dripping with sweat " comment 

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Tank Hong Kong is a closed system.  Everything is monitored in and out of that system.

In NZ and AUS we have open systems.  Less so in the Met centres in Victoria and NSW.

To monitor every input in NZ and AUS would be uneconomic.  Suck it up or just bet on Hong Kong.

I guess Blinkers on or off mean squat after all.

Listen up stipey 

Do you know why HK is THE greatest punting jurisdiction in the World?

Of course its the disclosure to Punters of almost EVERYTHING

Besides, it's a bad look to be using drugs like LASIX, a known masking agent

...we used to have the 7 day rules here...bring that back

Nd double besides

In this easy click age...just have a click button on majors like LASIX...

land let the punters know who's using it and who's not in the run up to an event...

16 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

Still waiting for you to explain the "standing in the corner dripping with sweat " comment 

Sorry petal...

...it affects horses in different ways

Ive seen a lasix horse sweating like a prostaglandin neddy...

whatever...in this day and age of PC and animal rights

Its not a good look if the AR people find out about things such as LASIX administration...banned on race day...a masking agent as well

...yet still allowed to be used in training...wtf?

...it stands alongside whip use as a future no no if we want the new generation to accept Thoroughbred racing...

3 hours ago, Thomass said:

Sorry petal...

Its not a good look if the AR people find out about things such as LASIX administration...banned on race day...a masking agent as well

...it stands alongside whip use as a future no no if we want the new generation to accept Thoroughbred racing...

Rubbish Tank.  If Lasix is administered within the rules and correctly it is actually beneficial to the welfare of the horse.  It's masking ability is because it is a diuretic.  That is it increases the volume of urine theoretically lowering the concentrations of other drugs.  However with current testing regimes coupled with the withholding period Lasix when administered during training is unlikely to mask anything that may have a performance enhancing effect on race day.

So alarm people with misinformation if you wish Tank which will do nothing to attract the "new generation to accept Thoroughbred racing"....

You've seen ONE horse sweating after Lasix administration and generalised that to the whole population? And, you don't even know the sweating was caused by the Lasix. Next you'll be saying you've seen one horse win with blinkers first time and draw some remarkable conclusion that you can also apply that to the whole population.

• Haha 2

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

Sorry petal...

You are pretty clueless really. You have seen 1 horse sweat who is a lasix horse. Had the said horse just received the lasix?

i've administered lasix myself for training purposes and also seen more than 1 or 2 treated by the vets and have never ever seen 1 sweat !

i have heard of the odd horse who is allergic to lasix and that those horses were never treated again with lasix. Maybe that was the case here.

with a 4 day with holding time I don't think lasix will be masking too many race day drugs!

• Like 3

18 hours ago, Blossom lady said:

You are pretty clueless really. You have seen 1 horse sweat who is a lasix horse. Had the said horse just received the lasix?

i've administered lasix myself for training purposes and also seen more than 1 or 2 treated by the vets and have never ever seen 1 sweat !

i have heard of the odd horse who is allergic to lasix and that those horses were never treated again with lasix. Maybe that was the case here.

with a 4 day with holding time I don't think lasix will be masking too many race day drugs!

What's clueless is the Racing Industry thinking they can use drugs like lasix as a 'training' aid...

As I've said HK Punters have vetoed its use in any way there and obviously that's paid dividends many times over...

...it's skews performance and Australasian Punters have every right to know who's using what performance enhancing drugs at ANY TIME...

The old 7 day rule should come into play here...and Punters should have access to that information

21 hours ago, curious said:

Next you'll be saying you've seen one horse win with blinkers first time and draw some remarkable conclusion that you can also apply that to the whole population.

30 minutes ago, Thomass said:

As I've said HK Punters have vetoed its use in any way there and obviously that's paid dividends many times over...

Now he seems to be correlating the non use of lasix with the performance of the HK racing industry.

Is there no end to this sort of stuff. No wonder he can't understand why all his ideas are flawed.

Of course it does...what planet are you on?

Its part of the TOTAL information dissemination that's so vital to making HK the punting Mecca that it is...Punters demanded full disclosure of LASIX or nothing...

The HK authorities said NOTHING

But you wouldn't have a f in clue what that means

Just ask the teacher at the English as a second language course you're on