Bit Of A Yarn

Australian Trainer cashflow - changes afoot

Eustaci

I have a small interest in a horse racing in NSW.

Racing NSW have this week set out details of stake increases (from 1 Sept - see attached), a key feature being increased payments to horses finishing 4th to 10th. What is interesting is that stake payments for horses finishing in this band will be paid directly to the trainer's account. These funds will in turn be credited against monthly training fees. I believe the objective is to assist the trainers cashflow. I'd also make the point that Racing NSW stakes monies are paid fortnightly.

As part of the review of NZ racing I would have thought changes along these lines on this side of the ditch would be worthy of consideration.

Thoughts?

Important-Notice Stake Money.pdf

• Like 2

NSW are so far in front, this is a great idea, I've seen the torment trainers faced with slow payers who are worse than non payers, in HK the club pays the trainers, then bills the owners, as is Chinese culture loss of face is everything, so they pay the club in a timely fashion.....that, in all reality should be the MO.....it cleans out the 'bastard owner' and there are plenty.......transparency is everything, or should be...that and good governance.....something NZRB is sadly lacking, get rid of the bastards, and get the audit started, if they are serious a 20 mil saving is completely feasible.

• Like 3
  • Champ Post 1