Bit Of A Yarn

Lam Wins Wood Memorial Challenge

• Journalists

Phil Lam, an IT professional in the banking industry from Fresh Meadows, New York, took first place in the Wood Memorial Challenge, held at Aqueduct Racetrack Apr. 7. Lam finished with a bankroll of $3,382.85 and, in addition to that bank roll, took home the first-place prize of $5,000 and earned an additional $500 with the NYRA Bets 10% Challenge bonus. He also won a seat to the Belmont Stakes Challenge.
“I was elated,” Lam said. “I tried so many times at NYRA. I was leading at the Belmont Stakes Challenge by $20,000 with one race to go, and I got caught. So, no lead is safe.”
Finishing in second-place was Steve Doodnath, with a bankroll of $2,692.75 and $2,389 in prize winnings. Andy Berg, with a bankroll of $2,347.50, took third-place, and won $1,827 in prize money. Booth Doodnath and Berg also won seats to the National Handicapping Championships next February in Las Vegas.
The Belmont Stakes Challenge, is the next NYRA handicapping challenge held June 8-9.

View the full article