Bit Of A Yarn

Chris Johnson - Ivan Kaye

Guest CrossCodes

Guest CrossCodes

I can guarantee if he rode this well backed horse like he did today in Australian there would be serious questions asked,

Never gave the horse any chance sitting back last, never improved it and let it idle down the straight running on well, a disgusting ride on a well backed horse, I know that is his style but seriously that was a terrible ride.

I know this horse has a serious motor but if the trainer keeps putting negative riders like him on he will keep getting the same result.

Guest CrossCodes

Ivan Kane, not Kaye. Damn sausage fingers.

Of note he is also closing in on 100 rides this season and only has 2 winners, a terrible statistic for a rider some still think of as the best.

Edited by CrossCodes

• 4 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...
Guest CrossCodes
11 minutes ago, theshu said:

Biggest jockey bagger i have evere seen I bet it only  be a few more hours and you be bagging another one soon.

I'm not actually, just this horse has suited being ridden by an aggressive rider.

We all know Johnson isn't an aggressive rider, hasn't stopped him from being one of the best, it just doesn't suit every horse,  and no, I'm not a fan of the way he rides, but it hasn't stopped him from riding plenty of winners. 

Edited by CrossCodes

You know what, i was hoping she would finish close up for Chris in cox plate. Love him or hate him, not many could have made a return to riding after such a break from race riding he had. 

Yes, sometimes he does appear to be casual on a horse close to the line, and i have questioned it a couple of times. But also, sometimes you cant see his whip action. 

Recently thou, i dont think he is riding quite as good as last year, maybe cup week will see the magic. 

• Like 2