Bit Of A Yarn

Nice Quinella for the Stallion Redwood yesterday at Caulfield.

Nights Watch and Rising Red quinella the Grp 3  East Malvern Bendigo Bank MRC Foundation Cup for NZ stallion Redwood.

Stands at Westbury.

Redwood_2015-16_600

"After watching Redwood race at elite level in Europe, I was keen to follow his progress at stud. The first Redwood we acquired was the stakes winner Romancer, subsequently OTI have purchased an additional seven of his progeny including the exciting metropolitan performer Night's Watch, while we have a group of very promising 2YO's heading to Australia in the spring of 2018."

Terry Henderson, OTI Racing.

2006 | Brown Horse | 16hh (162.6cm)

High Chaparral x Arum Lily, by Woodman

• 19 winners to date from his first three-year-old crop including Rosewood, Chamalu, Swampland, Cedar Grande, Our Sequoia, Night's Watch, Wooden Red, Red Sierra, Tamarack, Scarlet Princess, Sequoia Lady, Livin' on a Prayer, Soonbaby, Youvebeenlitup, I See Red and The Big Sur.
  • Group 1 winning son of the highly successful stallion High Chaparral, sire of 18 Group 1 winners.

• 16 of 17 starts were in black-type company, retiring with a record of four wins and seven placings, and an impressive stakes tally of US$2,335,995.

• 4YO Timeform rating of 121 - higher than Manighar, Glass Harmonium and My Kingdom Of Fife.

• Comes from a high class European family with his second dam, Jolypha, the Champion 3YO Filly of France in 1992, and a sister to the European Champion and Prix de l'Arc de Triomphe winner Dancing Brave.

• First crop of yearlings sold for up to $210,000.