Bit Of A Yarn

How sad is this?

I'm assuming it's on all Fixed Odds wagering. That's where their biggest liability is. The tote pretty much sorts it's self out. If you put 2k on your fancy via the tote in a smallish pool, you're betting against yourself as you've lost before the race has even run. That's my take on it anyway. 

What concerned me about the wager I highlighted is the pathetic amount the TAB system allowed that punter to wager. That's not good business. It's the epitome of cowardice. The very organization wanting you to wager is absolutely determined not to wager themselves. It's a money tree for them. 

• Like 1

I also can't get over the small amounts invested that are ringing alarm bells for the TAB.  Entain is going to fix this how?  Oh that's right, there is going to be this influx of turnover to save the day.  These corporations are encouraging punters to look for ways to beat the system.

• Like 2

14 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

I also can't get over the small amounts invested that are ringing alarm bells for the TAB.  Entain is going to fix this how?  Oh that's right, there is going to be this influx of turnover to save the day.  These corporations are encouraging punters to look for ways to beat the system.

By installing facial recognition in all TAB's to prevent restricted punters circumventing their bullshit restrictions.........under the guise of "harm minimization" ...haha

The Government will also prevent any competition to the NZ TAB by "taking advice" haha...and stopping kiwi punters wagering offshore due to offshore wagering platforms "not exercising NZ law"...haha. 

• Like 1

Harness punters have had severe restrictions placed on them since not long after fixed odds came in.

They should be advertising that they only welcome punting on harness racing from punters that are not interested  in winning and only do it for the fun?

Seriously, the NZ TAB have performed very poorly over a long period of time and that is why Entain has been able to buy into it for a bargain price.

I can see it ending very badly for racing in this country, however you would expect that as everything that Labour has touched has been disastrous!

McAnulty wont be too worried, he will be well gone!

Edited by Brodie