Bit Of A Yarn

Tokyo Tycoon Case - Walker fined $7,000

2 minutes ago, curious said:

What? I doubt any other trainer would not understand what "one clear day" means.

One Clear Day (in force from 7 September 2020)
The amendments now prohibit anybody from giving a horse anything other
than food and water anytime during the day before the day of a race. A
substance may only be given to a horse on the day before a race with the
written consent of a Stipendiary Steward or an Investigator and only if the
horse needed it solely for welfare reasons

But even that definition isn't black and white.  Why not state that up until 0001 hrs the day before a race that you cannot administer anything.  Then of course you need to define what's food and what's a supplement.  

The rule is anachronistic - a general catch all based on the past.

17 minutes ago, nod said:

You are surely aware of the biggest scandal to hit racing in decades and the valiant efforts of an elderly shareholder to expose the three people involved. 

What's the relevance?  Wasn't it 18 years ago?

Certainly not the biggest scandal or even a scandal.

The "biggest scandal" you obliquely refer to was proven NOT to be a scandal.  Any commissions on sales are well written into TA contracts for every syndicate member to see.

17 minutes ago, nod said:

Obviously you have been brainwashed -even split three ways $600,000 is more than commission.

Don you've gone on and on about this subject on various forums for years.  Didn't the SFO investigate and find no wrong doing?  At $600,000 are you saying the horse was sold for $3m?

Obviously you don't have an opinion on the one clear day mistake but any opportunity to slash a few tall poppies and you're in like Flynn.

I did not say the horse was sold for 3 million --I read on an internet site that it was sold for 1.4 million and the owners told it was 800.000

The one clear day could be better expressed -I would suggest ;not on raceday before racing nor on the preceding day.

I am surprised that a trainer and a horse vet do not know the rules yet a stablehand does

You get the impression that they started the horse believing they could not be caught out

Good work by the investigators

• Like 3

43 minutes ago, nod said:

I did not say the horse was sold for 3 million --I read on an internet site that it was sold for 1.4 million and the owners told it was 800.000

But the SFO investigated and found no fraud.

44 minutes ago, nod said:

The one clear day could be better expressed -I would suggest ;not on raceday before racing nor on the preceding day.

I agree but why not make it 36 hours before first race.  Also presumably under the current rules you could seek RIB approval to give the treatment within a shorter time frame.  Has that ever been done?

46 minutes ago, nod said:

I am surprised that a trainer and a horse vet do not know the rules yet a stablehand does

Wasn't a stablehand.  But that said the rule is ambiguous and Singapore's is different.  If you read the full judgement you can see some communication issues.

47 minutes ago, nod said:

You get the impression that they started the horse believing they could not be caught out

Conjecture.  No evidence to suggest that.

47 minutes ago, nod said:

Good work by the investigators

Must have been the 0800 Snitch line.  How many other trainers are doing or have done treated horses with non-prohibited substances in the interests of the horses health and the owner and punter pocket?

• Haha 1