Bit Of A Yarn

New data has been dug.

Yankiwi

Decided to dig a bit deeper into this running rail issue.

In the 5 days between 23/05/2014 & 28/05/2014 the new safety rail was installed at Wanganui as planned.

But how serious was the problem in Wanganui back then, that led to the decision to install the safety rail at their location in the first place?

I've gathered the data and here's the 2014 numbers GRNZ had available, that had to lead them to the decision.

Between 03/01/2014 & 23/05/2014 there were 39 race meets held.

image.png.785d22789d674a5f065649705f817c11.png

Basically, there was a 3.34% in any given race a greyhound would make contact with the steel running rail, prior to the safety rail being installed.

As for the remainder of 2014, between 28/05 & 30/12 there were 62 race meets held with the safety rail in place.

image.png.2465661735cb6932732294642323eec0.png

Huge immediate improvement.

While the safety rail trial was underway at Wanganui, GRNZ stated this.

image.png.401a9b2c37eda4efc4a7f9aaffe8227f.png

Guess what, the other six tracks (at the time) never received the safety rail which were supposed to be rolled out within 12 months.

Now 9 years on, I can't fathom why a chance of rail contact at Wanganui of 3.34% was serious enough for them to lay out the capital to make the track safer, yet the 5 other remaining tracks to this day in NZ are without a safety rail.

Although numbers are back up in Wanganui, it is still performing far better than any other NZ track in 2023 & if you compare it with Auckland, it's performing 4.5 times better.

image.thumb.png.13dd51b8493fdaeba67deb79bd4dda87.png

9 years, fuck all has been done, yet welfare is claimed to be paramount.

Any wonders why Govt has threaten to close them down?

Any wonders why the RIB said they were slow to act on welfare issues?

I don't think GRNZ is slow to act, I think they are incapable of it.

• Like 1

Nobody can deny these statistics surely.

I think the RIB should drop all current jobs in all codes and focus on getting this under control.  Greyhound racing has been thrust into the spotlight and the RIB must be seen to be rectifying what looks like an easily rectifiable situation.

Yankiwi I thought you had retired from posting your statistics and evidence.  Thank you for not doing so.