Bit Of A Yarn

Warsaw sold to Hong Kong for $1.5m

• 1 month later...
17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Horses don't have two birthdays in a year.  So Warsaw is 4 by NZ time I.e. from 1 August.

Is he still 3 by Northern Hemisphere time or is he 4 and rising 5 on 1 January?

If he turned 4 on August 1 and was bred in the southern hemisphere he is eligible.

if he was northern hemisphere bred he would be 3 and would therefore turn 4 on Jan 1.

he is 4 so is eligible for the hk derby.

Edited by Bill

1 minute ago, Bill said:

If he turned 4 on August 1 and was bred in the southern hemisphere he is eligible.

if he was northern hemisphere bred he would be 3 and would therefore turn 4 on Jan 1.

he is 4 so is eligible for the hk derby. No notification he has been exported to hk from what I have seen

Thanks for that.  He hasn't raced since his win at Ruakaka.

Would you expect NZTR to be up to date?

3 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

You compared him directly to Smart 'n' Sharp.

As I said facts....matter.

Another false allegation.No trolling,just pointing out...FACTS.😉

You're getting very tedious @holy ravioli

Let's explain it simply for you.

@Bill introduced Rocket Spade into the discussion.  A past winner of the NZ Derby who was sold for good money to Hong Kong but who hasn't really gone on with it.

I then referred to Sharp 'N' Smart in relation to Rocket Spade.  He ran a shocker last Saturday.  Perhaps Rogie went too far with him as a 3yr old as Rogie is prone to do and the horse hasn't come back this year as a 4yr old.  Or it's a simple case of not handling the track at Hastings.  Or a health reason.

My reference to the upside of Warsaw was in relation to Warsaw.  In my opinion he is a talented horse, races kindly and cleanly, had some really nice but unlucky runs as a three old, lightly raced and won his last race at Ruakaka the way only good horses do.

It seems I'm not the only racing follower who thinks Warsaw has a lot of upside.  If the pub rumours are correct and he was bought for $1.5m then some good judges agree.  Note I said he was a nice horse before he was sold.  His run in the Derby wasn't that bad.

It was also interesting that Opie Bosson rode him at Ruakaka.  No doubt he provided feedback to some interested potential buyers.

He may not adapt to Hong Kong but in my opinion, he is the ideal type for the Hong Kong Derby.  He is certainly bred to get 2000m or more.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 2 months later...
  • 1 month later...