Holy Ravioli's Rants on The Everest, Laying, TA and Imperatriz

holy ravioli

• Replies 56
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

6 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Arguably top of the tree in this industry=Coolmore...what would..they know!🤪

' The Everest has put a 3-year-old on top of the sprinting world, sending his potential stud value into the stratosphere." TDN AusNZ, 20th October 2019

Marketing hyperbole.

Never won a Grp 1.  I think it only won one Grp 2 - the Todman.

Stands for $33k.

Farnan 2020 Golden Slipper winner stands for $55k.

4 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Let's make it simple for you. 

Explain how you know before the race has concluded that the Quinella would pay $4?

How did you calculate value I.e. how "good" the price was?

I didn't know before hand.

I thought there were 3 dangers ,and was confident either Uncommon James or Asfoora would win.Rothfire the other contender.

If you were sold   on Imperatriz ....good money.

The quaddie was $4.60-$1.30-$1.50-$10.20=$176.70

54 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

I didn't know before hand.

Therefore you would be stupid to take a bet because you didn't assess value.  Except a subjective comment after the fact.

I thought there were 3 dangers ,and was confident either Uncommon James or Asfoora would win.Rothfire the other contender.

So you would have boxed them all.  The trifecta would have cost you $24 to win $29.40.  A profit of $5.

You would have spent $24 boxing the four selections for a First 4 and lost $24.  So you lose $19.

Brilliant strategy.

Selective stats...Vancouver won grp races ,including the Slipper-stands for $11,000...!!

Your point is?

Vancouver has yet to produce a Group 1 winner and is slipping from fashion.

I quoted Farnan because he is an example of a stallion the same age as Yes Yes Yes but who didn't win The Everest.  Farnan's stud fee is over $20k more.

So which is reaching stratospheric heights?

As for Vancouver - suggest you back Overpass as the omen bet.

38 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

What do you mean specifically?

I believe @Freda is asking has Yes Yes Yes's potential stud value stayed in the stratosphere?

I would suggest his future lies entirely with the success of his progeny.  Winning The Everest may have enabled a marketing based premium on his stud fee.....to start with.

• Like 1

13 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Therefore you would be stupid to take a bet because you didn't assess value.  Except a subjective comment after the fact.

So you would have boxed them all.  The trifecta would have cost you $24 to win $29.40.  A profit of $5.

You would have spent $24 boxing the four selections for a First 4 and lost $24.  So you lose $19.

Brilliant strategy.

No I would not have...and did not.

Wheres a sledgehammer.....🤡...if one was big on Imperatriz winning...!!...but not impressed with $1.50.....one could easily have anchored the filly in exotic bets and profited nicely.

You can fabricate any narrative you like....you just make yourself look ....very..shallow.

9 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Vancouver has yet to produce a Group 1 winner and is slipping from fashion.

I quoted Farnan because he is an example of a stallion the same age as Yes Yes Yes but who didn't win The Everest.  Farnan's stud fee is over $20k more.

So which is reaching stratospheric heights?

As for Vancouver - suggest you back Overpass as the omen bet.

Farnan is by Not A Single Doubt who is no longer available.Studs can set fees at whatever they think the market can bear.

YYY's yearlings have sold very well...his fees

2022-$38,500 , 2021-$38,500 , 2020-$38,500

His 2023 fee is $33,000...mainly because he has a new competitor ,another Rubick stallion ,Grp 1 winner ,recently to stud....Jacquinot.

$5,500 reduction makes sense and is neither here nor..there.

3 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

No I would not have...and did not.

Wheres a sledgehammer.....🤡...if one was big on Imperatriz winning...!!...but not impressed with $1.50.....one could easily have anchored the filly in exotic bets and profited nicely.

You can fabricate any narrative you like....you just make yourself look ....very..shallow.

But you just proved with your example that following your approach you'd lose or at best make less than if one had put the total stake on Imperatriz at $1.80.  Which was an early offer for her.

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

But you just proved with your example that following your approach you'd lose or at best make less than if one had put the total stake on Imperatriz at $1.80.  Which was an early offer for her.

My 'approach'was to lay Imperatriz,which proved a losing approach.

Care to expand on how one would have made more by taking $1.80...use a staking example.

JACQUINOT

2 Grp 1's.

Rubick x Ponterro, by Pierro

Height: 16hh

Only Australian stallion to retire in 2023 as a WFA winning 3YO

Winner of the Golden Rose, just like Zoustar and the emerging Trapeze Artist

Defeated 5 Gr.1 winners when winning the Golden Rose including In Secret, Fireburn, She’s Extreme, Golden Mile and Daumier

Defeated 6 individual Gr.1 winners when capturing the CF Orr, including I’m Thunderstruck & Mr Brightside

Won the CF Orr as a 3yo, like Redoute’s Choice & All Too Hard

@holy ravioli like most of your posts on this thread you came out wildly swinging driven by bias and negativity.

You found every reason you could why Imperatriz couldn't win.  You were wrong.  You swung at Opie Bosson. Wrong again.

You then had a go at Te Akau obviously without any inderstanding of how that operation works.

Then in the face of clear statements and logical reasoning you banged on about The Everest.  I would imagine you haven't put your wallet where your mouth is and off loaded on Imperatriz to win The Everest.  I'm surprised you haven't given us all the reasons why she couldn't win it.

10 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

JACQUINOT

2 Grp 1's.

Rubick x Ponterro, by Pierro

Height: 16hh

Only Australian stallion to retire in 2023 as a WFA winning 3YO

Winner of the Golden Rose, just like Zoustar and the emerging Trapeze Artist

Defeated 5 Gr.1 winners when winning the Golden Rose including In Secret, Fireburn, She’s Extreme, Golden Mile and Daumier

Defeated 6 individual Gr.1 winners when capturing the CF Orr, including I’m Thunderstruck & Mr Brightside

Won the CF Orr as a 3yo, like Redoute’s Choice & All Too Hard

So what...YYY defeated 10 Grp1 winners in the Everest.

Now you can see why YYY fee has been adjusted.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

@holy ravioli like most of your posts on this thread you came out wildly swinging driven by bias and negativity.

You found every reason you could why Imperatriz couldn't win.  You were wrong.  You swung at Opie Bosson. Wrong again.

You then had a go at Te Akau obviously without any inderstanding of how that operation works.

Then in the face of clear statements and logical reasoning you banged on about The Everest.  I would imagine you haven't put your wallet where your mouth is and off loaded on Imperatriz to win The Everest.  I'm surprised you haven't given us all the reasons why she couldn't win it.

You engage in rhetoric AFTER the fact.

You do not appear to understand what laying a horse is.

I stated only facts...prove them wrong,instead  of trying your usual circular arguments based solely on your own prejudice.

Why would I 'offload ' on Imperatriz to win the Everest...TA are adamant she won't start!Don't you believe them?

This is too funny...even for you!

'Then in the face of clear statements and logical reasoning'😂

You should have a search around and see if you can find the hiding place for that 'razor wit'...you say you ..possess.😜