NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Spineless Bookies

Weasel

I took 8s fixed on let it rip Reilly on Thursday nite at timaru Friday, thought it would be 2nd favourite, the pre post favourite was at 1.95 and needed five scratching to get a start, also no rider declared, was a dual acceptor with rider for another race, favourite gets a start, let it rip wins, pays 12s on tote and 18s fixed, left me a little peeved. 

• Like 1

9 hours ago, Weasel said:

There must be one helluva 'rap' on Verry Ellegant, cos our bookies are running scared.

A full month out from the VRC Oaks she is at $5 on the Futures Win market ....correct me if I'm wrong.... hasn't even won in Oz yet....

On Aus races, they pretty much just copy Tabcorp. Which also has her at $5, as does Tatts.

They are running market percentages well over 100% on less than a normal final field size. Spineless is right.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1

21 minutes ago, hesi said:

They closed Swing Note yesterday at 1.55 FF, and never even featured(5th), crazy money.

To be fair, the final field odds would be largely driven by the punters. So they likely were taking the odds even if the bookies are spineless with respect to risk.

With futures, I don't expect many punters are taking futures from a TAB - or if they are, they probably deserve what they get. Their risk aversion makes the majority of their prices largely the equivalent of robbing the blind.

Edited by mardigras
  • Like 1