Bit Of A Yarn

The Racing Board Responds! [Joke Not!]

Rowley Mile

Well read and weep, this lot is in total denial, they are crowing re Messara not criticising them? that's their crowning glory? Ok, we [the mrs and I] agree, can't close and acquire racecourses willy nilly, we acknowledge that, but this reply is sheer madness of the enth degree.......I've had enough, so has my Mrs, this mob have circled the wagons, well so have we......our next step = undecided, but we won't cop this shit anymore.

Yip John Allen is such a huge disappointment.  Began OK as he talked about cutting back on consultants and the huge and overpaid management team and there was some initial trimming but it was soon replaced with his own people, from previous organisations where he worked/headed, on similar bloated salaries.  He was widely reported as saying that if he hadn't turned things around after 3 years he would be gone.  I believe those 3 years are up.

• Like 2

Back to the real topic.  I thought the NZTR represented the clubs?  I am sure that some of them are not happy with the land grab etc.  There is no denying, for good or bad, that racing in NZ is operated by the clubs no matter how much in practical terms breeders and other self interested parties have usurped their powers.  There will be further debate alright and it will delay these disgraceful and undemocratic proposals. Also the blatant disregard for private property rights (yes and I do not the irony that these quasi corporate/capiitalist interest are usually all about the primacy of property rights whereas I am not usually fussed about them much) will need to be addressed and debated.

Someone's conscience will be pricked (maybe in Parliament because it has to go through there) and there will be debate.  I never held out any hope for Wacko Jacko and his ilk - they sold that years ago.

• Like 3