Bit Of A Yarn

Is J Oatham having eye issues??

muzenza365

As i do when i am having a bet, especially over a carnival, I go back and have a look for any horses that were in my opinion unlucky.

I found one in the open 1000m sprint on the first day at Riccarton called Imwonderfiltonight,I thought it did not have a lot of room to improve and considered it unlucky.

So i go to the Stewards report which Oatham was the Sheriff and you guess it, not even a mention of the horse,i cannot fathom how he failed to even not consider that horse was not unlucky. At the worst, go and ask the rider, he may even congratulate you for doing your job description and believe you are competent.

I have seen the lies written by J Oatham regarding the Reefton cancellation and I will put my hand up and say he is well and truly passed his use-by date.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, muzenza365 said:

As i do when i am having a bet, especially over a carnival, I go back and have a look for any horses that were in my opinion unlucky.

I found one in the open 1000m sprint on the first day at Riccarton called Imwonderfiltonight,I thought it did not have a lot of room to improve and considered it unlucky.

So i go to the Stewards report which Oatham was the Sheriff and you guess it, not even a mention of the horse,i cannot fathom how he failed to even not consider that horse was not unlucky. At the worst, go and ask the rider, he may even congratulate you for doing your job description and believe you are competent.

I have seen the lies written by J Oatham regarding the Reefton cancellation and I will put my hand up and say he is well and truly passed his use-by date.

Just going to mention the Reefton issue.  T Moseley does what he likes and nothing said.  And a year ago Oatham completely fails to see the issue in 20 or so horses slipping at the start on the first two days at Riccarton and the track issues/neglect prior to the last day.  Sends out the crash test dummies Jockeys no trouble at all for the first on Cup day.

Mind you he saw the evidence of the slip/skid at Reefton when multiple vastly experienced people(Walsh McCann Skelton Walker Pitman) could see nothing.  Only thing is he cannot prove he saw it, he never got any evidence of it and nobody else admits to seeing it. 

The only one who cannot see through him is his simpleton CEO Clement(and of course his simpleton mate Dickie who did the so called 'review')

• Champ Post 1

Surprise, Surprise,Oatham at again.

I had to help my son shift into his property in Karaka, so i was only going to have a couple of bets when we were finished,as planed i had a $40 WIN/PLACE all-up bet on Tulsi into Imwonderfultonight,I get a return so decide to have a go in the last,I take Betty Spaghetti,Iffididnt in a $20 Q and take those 2 first and second with the field x2 in the Trifecta.I watch the race and all going well until the 100m when the gap closes and Iffididnt has to switch ground to the inside, clearly costing it 2nd place.Was there any movement from the 1st and 2nd horses? Who would know as he didn't see anything worth reporting on.

Now i wait for Steward's report and Surprise, Surprise, NOTHING seen or reported on.Oatham's job is to report on ANYTHING that is relevant to the race, He has not once again, even Matt Cross said in his commentary of the race that the horse had to shift ground

The CJC, Trainers and Jockeys will be happy for showcasing the best week in NZ Racing, but in my opinion the RIU fell well short of the required standard and must be held to account.

• Like 1

I have a suspicion that detail on what happens to each horse is now being done in the bunker post race or even well past the race meeting finishing (bit like Rugby's TMO).  The delay seems to be variable relative to the importance of the race meeting.  Big Saturday meetings fairly short time frame.  Sunday meeting not so quick. 

Probably not Oathams job anymore either but the bunker Stipe.  I'm not defending him I just suspect the process has changed.

Don't be surprised if you see a "Stipe Comment" sneak into the form line I'm the next couple of days.

As a slight aside I notice from time to time there is a bit of a Government bureaucrat mentality with regard to work time.   If you watch the trial videos upload you'll notice that trials at a major venue are uploaded easily inside 30 mins except there is a delay which corresponds with lunch time which can be as long as 90 minutes.  Videos from a smaller venue can take 1 to 3 days even though we are led to believe that every official venue must have a data uplink. 

As the saying goes the more things stay the same.