Bit Of A Yarn

We'll see more of this in the coming months. Raider Jockeys.

Chief Stipe

Queensland, NZ beckon for Shinn

www.racing.com

Blake Shinn will adopt the mantra 'have saddle, will travel' when he returns to the races later this month, with plans to ride in Queensland, New Zealand and Victoria over the festive period.

Melbourne's leading rider and Scobie Breasley medallist from last season returns from his Melbourne Cup Carnival suspension at Flemington on December 20, before basing himself in Brisbane for four weeks while also traveling to New Zealand.

Shinn will begin his Queensland Summer Carnival on December 23 at Eagle Farm but has also secured rides for the Group 1 meeting on Boxing Day at Pukekohe Park, including aboard exciting Kiwi filly Molly Bloom in the G2 Eight Carat Stakes.

The 36-year-old's Queensland stint will be geared towards success at the lucrative Magic Millions Carnival.

"The Queensland Racing Summer Carnival has become a showpiece event during December and I felt that basing myself in Queensland over this period will best give me the opportunity to avail myself to both local and interstate-trained horses whilst building momentum heading into the Magic Millions Carnival in early January," Shinn said.

"It is such an important time for the industry with the first yearling sale of the season, which carries such significant participation both domestically and internationally.

"The Magic Millions Carnival boasts both elite equine talent and such huge prizemoney and having been a previous winner of the two-year-old classic, I firmly believe that basing myself in Queensland over this four weeks will give me the best opportunity for success."

Shinn's last meeting in Queensland is set to be on January 13, but he plans to return for the traditional Flemington meeting on New Year's Day and any Victorian jumpouts for his key mounts heading towards the autumn.

He will also ride at the Karaka Millions meeting at Ellerslie on January 27 upon his return to Melbourne.