Bit Of A Yarn

Question for Chief?

Walt

3 hours ago, Walt said:

Hey Chief,

You mentioned Single Lord being a gentleman and the Hill family being very upset at his premature demise. Did you know how that came about? 

Was my fav horse out of Nelson and for good reason. He was a beauty

I don't know what happened.  But he was sold to the States and who knows what happened over there in those days.

When I said the family was upset it was the fact they had lost a member of the family.  I was a young fella at the time but in hindsight I believe he would have made a lovely stallion.  Size and temperament, speed and stamina.

25 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

I don't know what happened.  But he was sold to the States and who knows what happened over there in those days.

When I said the family was upset it was the fact they had lost a member of the family.  I was a young fella at the time but in hindsight I believe he would have made a lovely stallion.  Size and temperament, speed and stamina.

I learned the truth today. Far king awful and left a lump in my throat even with the passage of time.

He never actually got to race. He copped travel sickness......then water and insurance linked together. You were right about how understandably distressed the family was.

Unfarking believable Chief with any horse but even more so with such a superb horse who as you say was a gentleman of a stallion.