Bit Of A Yarn

Pasta's All Up Bet Ramblings

holy ravioli

39 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Hey bucko you're still punting and you don't know how to place an allup bet!Never mind geo blocking.🙄

Meanwhile you are drowning in Beg Borrow And Print Robertson's Red Ink.  

As for an All Up bet just shows how good a punter you are.  An All Up bet isn't on any decent punters option list!  

15 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Your understanding of the English Language is as selective as your analysis on any topic.

Decent - can mean good or adequate.  

So indecent' can mean.....not good or...inadequate.

17 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Your understanding of the English Language is as selective as your analysis on any topic.

Decent - can mean good or adequate.  

' An All Up bet isn't on any decent punters option list!  '-how did you qualify...this?

19 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

So you made it up....thought so.🤪

I haven't made it up.  But clearly you have no idea.

Logic and simple math tell you that an All Up bet statically has a poor chance of return.  Ironic that you discounted someone winning the Everest sweepstake yet promote All Up betting!  Bizarre.

Meanwhile Entain’s share price has made a recovery and made up half of the share price loss of the last year.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

I haven't made it up.  But clearly you have no idea.

Logic and simple math tell you that an All Up bet statically has a poor chance of return.  Ironic that you discounted someone winning the Everest sweepstake yet promote All Up betting!  Bizarre.

Meanwhile Entain’s share price has made a recovery and made up half of the share price loss of the last year.

Logic should also tell you about the risk/return ratio.

Try this allup....find 2 horses paying $1.50 to place or run first 4.You will receive $22.50 for every $10 invested ,if successful.

Should be easy for you!😜

6 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

Logic should also tell you about the risk/return ratio.

Try this allup....find 2 horses paying $1.50 to place or run first 4.You will receive $22.50 for every $10 invested ,if successful.

Should be easy for you!😜

But that isn't an All Up is it.

You're describing a $10 multi on two horses paying $1.50.

Muppet.

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

No,it is most certainly an allup.Easy on the ad homs....it makes you look rather...silly.

So what?  Are you suggesting top successful punters make money by betting on All Ups?  I think you're dreaming.

Your punting knowledge is about as good as your economy and political knowledge.  

55 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So what?  Are you suggesting top successful punters make money by betting on All Ups?  I think you're dreaming.

Your punting knowledge is about as good as your economy and political knowledge.  

At least you admit it is an all up.

You are the one that does all the suggesting and puerile name calling.Lift your...game.

11 hours ago, curious said:

I didn't know that. Seems if I rate two horses as value bets individually and take them in an all up, the risk/reward/value would be the same.

Exactly they are the same value as taking the individual bets except you are at risk of losing the winnings from the first, second and so on bets the moment one in the chain loses. 

So for example instead of having a good day getting 3 out of 4 bets home at value you have won nothing because one of the 4 didn't win.

You are also effectively increasing your stake with each subsequent bet which I wouldn't have thought was a good strategy.

38 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Exactly they are the same value as taking the individual bets except you are at risk of losing the winnings from the first, second and so on bets the moment one in the chain loses. 

So for example instead of having a good day getting 3 out of 4 bets home at value you have won nothing because one of the 4 didn't win.

You are also effectively increasing your stake with each subsequent bet which I wouldn't have thought was a good strategy.

Yes. It's the latter that would stop me. I bet an even amount always based on confidence. Yet if I strike a 10/1 winner in the first bet of an allup for $100 bet, I'm suddenly risking 1000 on my next bet, a risk I can't tolerate.

19 minutes ago, curious said:

Yes. It's the latter that would stop me. I bet an even amount always based on confidence. Yet if I strike a 10/1 winner in the first bet of an allup for $100 bet, I'm suddenly risking 1000 on my next bet, a risk I can't tolerate.

Which is, dare I say it, the approach of most successful punters.

That said if you back yourself then a fun bonus strategy would be to throw a very small amount on a multi of your selections.  A lottery ticket but one day.....

The trap of course nowadays that must sucker a few in is you can take combinations within a multi e.g. any 2, any 3 etc and then each ways.  Before you know it your $1 multi turns into a $30 combo!

In terms of an All Up on the tote that's a mugs game.

7 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Which is, dare I say it, the approach of most successful punters.

That said if you back yourself then a fun bonus strategy would be to throw a very small amount on a multi of your selections.  A lottery ticket but one day.....

The trap of course nowadays that must sucker a few in is you can take combinations within a multi e.g. any 2, any 3 etc and then each ways.  Before you know it your $1 multi turns into a $30 combo!

In terms of an All Up on the tote that's a mugs game.

You can take a fixed odds all up.