Bit Of A Yarn

Miss Scenicland

Great to see a time honoured race hanging in there when so many have faded away. Good to see the SI combo holding off the northern challenge. Denby-Rose must be one of the most improved jockeys out there. She has shown great fortitude to get to where she is today.

• Like 2

17 hours ago, Doomed said:

Great to see a time honoured race hanging in there when so many have faded away. Good to see the SI combo holding off the northern challenge. Denby-Rose must be one of the most improved jockeys out there. She has shown great fortitude to get to where she is today.

Yes she has done very well all things considered. It must have been very hard for her. Hope she has a very succesful and happy career.

• Like 2

Agree with the comment on the time age race, certainly not the strength of the mares from yesteryear, who could forget the grand mare covered n grey, just one that springs to mind, she won 20 plus races and may have won this particular race 3 times from memory, I'm sure there's a few more that I've forgotten, but this mare was class, left a couple of foals that won a few but nothing outstanding, usually the way.

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Shad said:

Agree with the comment on the time age race, certainly not the strength of the mares from yesteryear, who could forget the grand mare covered n grey, just one that springs to mind, she won 20 plus races and may have won this particular race 3 times from memory, I'm sure there's a few more that I've forgotten, but this mare was class, left a couple of foals that won a few but nothing outstanding, usually the way.

Indeed she did Shad. In fact, she won her third Miss Scenicland in her final start of a career of 24 wins.

• Like 2

6 hours ago, curious said:

Indeed she did Shad. In fact, she won her third Miss Scenicland in her final start of a career of 24 wins.

Yes she was a top mare, not many win 24 races around the south island, Our Gene's won many races as well, certainly don't come across to many as good in the south as these two