NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

~Happy New Year...new Govt starts 2024...with more..

8 hours ago, Walt said:

100% ....as our world lurches closer and closer to a diabolical situation none of us want we can't afford to be left out in the cold with no mates. It's all well and good wanting us to all have peace and live happily ever after but ultimately, we may not have a lot of say in what unfolds. Being friendless in an important strategic area could become our biggest weakness.

Remember the words in our anthem.

"Peace, not war, shall be our boast,
But, should foes assail our coast,
Make us then a mighty host,
God defend our free land.
Lord of battles in Thy might,
Put our enemies to flight,
Let our cause be just and right,
God defend New Zealand."

"May our mountains ever be
Freedom's ramparts on the sea,
Make us faithful unto Thee,
God defend our free land.
Guide her in the nations' van,
Preaching love and truth to man,
Working out Thy glorious plan,
God defend New Zealand."

Jingoistic drivel.U.K looking at reintroducing.....conscription.

NZ becomes a target tying itself to the Great Satan.

• Fake News! 2

1 minute ago, holy ravioli said:

Jingoistic drivel.U.K looking at reintroducing.....conscription.

NZ becomes a target tying itself to the Great Satan.

I've tried to be respectful toward you despite you being an obvious left wing troll but you respond by jumping straight into abuse. 

The list of important things you haven't got a clue about would fill the Town Hall. 

As the prospect of a World War draws closer, having allies will take on even greater significance. 

Playing nice is seen as weakness by the very people that would target our country. 

You and your woke snowflakes can just stand at our borders and tell the invading forces how offended you are by their activities. I'm sure they will have a rethink and then retreat.

Your left wing world is so perfect that I struggle to understand why you're so bitter. 

3 minutes ago, Walt said:

I've tried to be respectful toward you despite you being an obvious left wing troll but you respond by jumping straight into abuse. 

The list of important things you haven't got a clue about would fill the Town Hall. 

As the prospect of a World War draws closer, having allies will take on even greater significance. 

Playing nice is seen as weakness by the very people that would target our country. 

You and your woke snowflakes can just stand at our borders and tell the invading forces how offended you are by their activities. I'm sure they will have a rethink and then retreat.

Your left wing world is so perfect that I struggle to understand why you're so bitter. 

Pray tell who are our enemies that would target NZ?

• Fake News! 1

13 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

Pray tell who are our enemies that would target NZ?

I'm fairly confident that despite outward appearances that you're not completely stupid. I therefore assume you're just being obtuse. Let's start with the Chinese.

You know about WWII? You'll know the Japanese butchered their way through the Pacific killing millions, often with bayonets and shovels? Why? Obviously as part of their master plan. To achieve this they knew obtaining strategic locations in the Pacific was absolutely critical.

You'll be aware that the Chinese also have a Master Plan. It is no coincidence that they also recognize the significance of strategic locations in the Pacific to achieve their goal that the CCP is just sitting on for now until they are ready. Many believe Taiwan will be the Poland of WWII.

Are you part of the sensible shoe wearing muesli biscuit munchers who believe the Chinese are gifting billions around the Pacific because of their kind spirit? They target ignorant greedy bastards and gift them more cash than they know what to do with. 

What will NZ do when the shit kicks off? Stay neutral ? Go ask the countries in WWII who also foolishly thought that was a sensible option. That is seen as a weakness by an attacking force. That is even more so if that country is relatively friendless and a soft target.

When the brown stuff hits the rotating device it will be attack and multiple fronts in a blitzkrieg. Countries will be so busy defending their own land and people they will put very little priority on helping countries that chose to go it alone.

NZ aligning themselves with traditional allies is not only extremely prudent, it's now more important than it's been at any time since 1945. 

Those that disagree can go stand at the border and try to reason with a single minded attacking force when it inevitably arrives within the next decade and report back how they get on. 

I assume you'll be there wearing the wooly green cardy with a reindeer on that your nana knitted for you. Just for extra support you could take the gender fluid transgender movement with you along with the perpetually offended crew for back up.

Best of luck Pasta. 

Edited by Walt
  • Champ Post 1

8 minutes ago, Walt said:

I'm fairly confident that despite outward appearances that you're not completely stupid. I therefore assume you're just being obtuse. Let's start with the Chinese.

You know about WWII? You'll know the Japanese butchered their way through the Pacific killing millions, often with bayonets and shovels? Why? Obviously as part of their master plan. To achieve this they knew obtaining strategic locations in the Pacific was absolutely critical.

You'll be aware that the Chinese also have a Master Plan. It is no coincidence that they also recognize the significance of strategic locations in the Pacific to achieve their goal that the CCP is just sitting on for now until they are ready. Many believe Taiwan will be the Poland of WWII.

Are you part of the sensible shoe wearing muesli biscuit munchers who believe the Chinese are gifting billions around the Pacific because of their kind spirit? They target ignorant greedy bastards and gift them more cash than they know what to do with. 

What will NZ do when the shit kicks off? Stay neutral ? Go ask the countries in WWII who also foolishly thought that was a sensible option. That is seen as a weakness by an attacking force. That is even more so if that country is relatively friendless and a soft target.

When the brown stuff hits the rotating device it will be attack and multiple fronts in a blitzkrieg. Countries will be so busy defending their own land and people they will put very little priority on helping countries that chose to go it alone.

NZ aligning themselves with traditional allies is not only extremely prudent, it's now more important than it's been at any time since 1945. 

Those that disagree can go stand at the border and try to reason with a single minded attacking force when it inevitably arrives within the next decade and report back how they get on. 

I assume you'll be there wearing the wooly green cardy with a reindeer on that your nana knitted for you. Just for extra support you could take the gender fluid transgender movement with you along with the perpetually offended crew for back up.

Best of luck Pasta. 

You are living with the McCarthyism...'reds under the bed' mindset.

A lifetime of absorbing U.S propaganda has given you ingrained prejudice.

China is the least imperialist power in the world.They have followed Americas rules for trade and beaten them at their own game.

There is no rational reason for them to invade NZ.They can buy it!!Aucklands population is circa 12% Chinese.

As an aside to your totally fact free rant,Switzerland was neutral in WW2.

U.S imperialism has been rampant since WW2.They have interferred militarily in over 80 nations and wreaked death and destruction all around the globe to satisfy their corporate lust for resources.

Independent foreign policy is the best alternative for our country.

I can debate you all day re geo politics with facts.

If you focus on the topics instead of the messenger ,you would be more credible.

The world has changed.U.S hegemony is slowly but surely being..diluted=a good thing.

Anyone who doesn't speak english is not ...your enemy.

• Like 1
  • Fake News! 1

14 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Many.  Better to fight somewhere else before they get here.  WW2 tells you that.

Before they get here!😁Yes just like the 'American'(Vietnam) war.The commie Vietcong are going to overcome the South and then come down and conquer Australia and NZ.

And the media drummed it in to the gullible sheep,who really believed it.

You need to learn how the world,really...works.

Astounding naivety.🙄

• Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

3 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

You are living with the McCarthyism...'reds under the bed' mindset.

A lifetime of absorbing U.S propaganda has given you ingrained prejudice.

China is the least imperialist power in the world.They have followed Americas rules for trade and beaten them at their own game.

There is no rational reason for them to invade NZ.They can buy it!!Aucklands population is circa 12% Chinese.

As an aside to your totally fact free rant,Switzerland was neutral in WW2.

U.S imperialism has been rampant since WW2.They have interferred militarily in over 80 nations and wreaked death and destruction all around the globe to satisfy their corporate lust for resources.

Independent foreign policy is the best alternative for our country.

I can debate you all day re geo politics with facts.

If you focus on the topics instead of the messenger ,you would be more credible.

The world has changed.U.S hegemony is slowly but surely being..diluted=a good thing.

Anyone who doesn't speak english is not ...your enemy.

Naive twaddle.

Oh the irony of the Swiss wanting to stay out of WWII. Pity you can't see it. 

My perspective on the potential Chinese threat has absolutely zero to do with them speaking English or not. We have many wonderful new New Zealanders that English is not their first language. They pose absolutely no threat to us.

Many Chinese here just want a better life and hate the CCP even more than many in the West. One size however does not fit all. There are big numbers of Chinese here that would defend the CCP to the death. Where do you think their loyalty will go if / when the Chinese decide to follow through with their quest for global dominance?

Go speak to Chinese citizens operating a business here that refuse to keep paying the CCP. Ask how they see the CCP and their loyal followers within NZ.

I had a business colleague who had health issues relating to his kidney's. While in China he was taken to a prison for mostly opponents of the CCP. He was offered to pick out a healthy prisoner so his organs could be harvested. The Chinese involved viewed this in a similar way to how the process at a restaurant unfolds when a customer picks out a live crayfish in a tank. Everything he relayed to me and others about diabolical situations has been verified by Chinese citizens I've done business with in NZ. They are the harshest critics of the CCP. 

The Chinese could easily send our banking system into complete free fall if / when required. How do you think that would impact during a time of military conflict / invasion? Same can be said for our Electricity grid etc etc etc. Do you believe the CCP are capable of taking these actions? In a heartbeat is the correct answer.

The Chinese dish out threats like cheap confetti but anyone that gifts them the benefit of the doubt over their master plan has not been paying attention to 80 year old history or more recent history. 

Look out how they've treated Australia for having the audacity to ask for an investigation into the origins of Covid. You know, the virus that has killed many millions of innocent people and turned the world on it's head. Not only did they deliberately set out to hurt the Australian economy but they took great satisfaction in doing so because it suited their purpose. Just a very small taste of what's on standby.

It's lame in the extreme to accuse me or anyone else you disagree with as being a person who has soaked up US propaganda. Surely you can do better than that? I trust the CIA about as far as I can throw an adult Elephant. ...but I trust them more than the CCP who are evil right up there alongside the regime of the German Reich. Who else would you consider calling for help when military conflict arrives? The tooth fairy or perhaps the crew from middle earth? 

Do you honestly believe China has achieved it's business status via above board means? Are you really that naive? They have absolutely not followed the American business model. 

You say there is no rational reason for the Chinese to invade NZ. If you're referring to the current situation you'd be absolutely correct....but, when military conflict unfolds at say Taiwan, NZ will have to pick a team. Neutrality is not an option. Taiwan has many military friends. When China invades Taiwan the world will be at war once again. That war will involve, United States, Australia, Britain, Canada etc etc. All of those countries will be at war with China. What do you think Russia, North Korea, Iran etc etc will be doing? 

The strategic location of NZ suddenly takes on far greater significance. 

You can't debate geopolitical facts all day at all. Anyone who reads this can see all you have is naive clap trap of equal value to the worth of the hole in the middle of a donut. 

Independent foreign policy is exactly what China want NZ to adopt. Why would that be so? it's ironic you advocate that. I'm starting to think based on your idealistic worthless claptrap that you probably have a foot in both the Labour and Green camps. 

You remind me of the clowns in the US screaming to defund the Police. ....then when they need urgent help, who do they call? 

If the cap / hat fits......

birthday-clown-istock-large.thumb.webp.6caf2ec59f85a323aaa33231bb1de339.webp

Edited by Walt

Very good Walt.I call you naive...so you call me...naive.

You surely understand the present situation in NZ where wealthy Chinese businessmen have been fawned over by NZ politicians.

Look at how many NZ pollies are on Chinese controlled boardrooms.

Natz even popped a known chinese spy into Parliament in NZ(big fundraiser)

The CCP today is entirely different from Maos regime.

Re Taiwan,even the West agree with a 1 China policy.Hong Kong was handed back to China over 25 years ago and the world keeps turning.

Re China/Australia relations.The U.S imposed sanctions/tarrifs on Chinese goods.Australia as a U.S glove puppet began their own.China flexed its commercial muscle with some of its own.

China has 99 year lease on Darwin and Newcastle ports ffs.

Your biz colleague with kidney problem anecdote stinks to high heaven.Demonising countries that stand up to the U.S bully is widespread.

The world is moving away from U.S standover tactics.The BRICS are leading the charge.

Because of its status as default currency for international trade the $U.S has allowed America a free ride in international commerce.

A good observation on the U.S empire was made by ex Sec of State,recently deceased Henry Kissinger.

'to be an enemy of America is...dangerous...to be a friend is...fatal'.

I expect his knowledge of geo politics is far better than either you or me.

There is another apt saying...'it is easier to fool someone,than convince them,they have been...fooled'.

You better start organising a local 'Resistance'.Lets just ignore the reality that we live in an environment where nuclear capability will over ride any rerun of WW2 infantry combat.

One more from Coolidge...''

“After all, the chief business of the American people is business. They are profoundly concerned with producing, buying, selling, investing and prospering in the world.”

Ever wonder why 25% of the worlds incarcerated are held in American prisons?

Have you seen the business operations of Union Carbide,United Fruit Coy,EXXON/Mobil....and 100's of others.

Nice pic of a clown...btw.

• Fake News! 2

20 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Nice pic of a clown...btw.

Glad you enjoyed it H.R. I'm picking the main reason being that it's so very familiar image to you. Virtually identical to the one you see while brushing your teeth and shaving. Unsure how you manage to keep the white gloves clean and dry? Do you just remove one whilst doing your Michael Jackson impersonation? Do you also reside in Neverland? but why the need for rainbow coloured balloon's? Are you considering using the forum to make a deeply personal statement?

13 minutes ago, Walt said:

Glad you enjoyed it H.R. I'm picking the main reason being that it's so very familiar image to you. Virtually identical to the one you see while brushing your teeth and shaving. Unsure how you manage to keep the white gloves clean and dry? Do you just remove one whilst doing your Michael Jackson impersonation? Do you also reside in Neverland? but why the need for rainbow coloured balloon's? Are you considering using the forum to make a deeply personal statement?

You're an emotional fellow Walt.

Vexatious ad hom attacks don't really count for much in a debate....unfortunately.🙄

• Fake News! 1

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bollocks.  A hodge podge of countries led by dictators and despots with appalling human rights records.

Again blinded by ideology.

Brazil,Sth Africa and India are all democracies(BRICS).

Put your cue in the rack and change your name to.....'Second'!😄

49 minutes ago, holy ravioli said:

Brazil,Sth Africa and India are all democracies(BRICS).

Put your cue in the rack and change your name to.....'Second'!😄

Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro - corrupt.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/30/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-property-payments-cash-allegations

South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa - corrupt.  Look up the investigations into his business dealings.

India - Droupadi Murmu - probably the best of a motley crew.

I note you omit to mention Russia and China and some of those dodgie Arab states.

Geez yet another subject your profess to know something about yet blinded by the red haze.

18 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

Brazil President Jair Bolsonaro - corrupt.  https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/aug/30/jair-bolsonaro-brazil-property-payments-cash-allegations

South Africa's President Cyril Ramaphosa - corrupt.  Look up the investigations into his business dealings.

India - Droupadi Murmu - probably the best of a motley crew.

I note you omit to mention Russia and China and some of those dodgie Arab states.

Geez yet another subject your profess to know something about yet blinded by the red haze.

Ahem.....Bolsonero is NOT the President of Brazil,and the leader of India is Nanendra Modi.🙄

Typical of you=fact free.

3 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Bollocks.  A hodge podge of countries led by dictators and despots with appalling human rights records.

Again blinded by ideology.

ideology and it's bed partners.....ignorance & stupidity 

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

Ahem.....Bolsonero is NOT the President of Brazil,and the leader of India is Nanendra Modi.🙄

I was referring to the previous dude as an indication of how stuffed Brazil is.

The current one is worse - Luiz Inácio Lula da Silva.

https://www.theguardian.com/world/2022/oct/31/luiz-inacio-lula-da-silva-brazil-presidency-election-profile

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

14 hours ago, holy ravioli said:

apologies HR. I just assumed you had a basic comprehension of the English language.

Perhaps Chief may need to resort to crayons to assist you. 

53 minutes ago, Walt said:

apologies HR. I just assumed you had a basic comprehension of the English language.

Perhaps Chief may need to resort to crayons to assist you. 

God knows what this means!

The Chief jumps into topics and comments from a position of ignorance.

Your low calories contributions are getting ...almost as...bad.🙄

• Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

1 hour ago, holy ravioli said:

God knows what this means!

The Chief jumps into topics and comments from a position of ignorance.

Your low calories contributions are getting ...almost as...bad.🙄

I'm an empathetic guy HR....so have adjusted my level down in order to communicate with you.

• Haha 1