NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Kyle Cameron- Style Council?

Newmarket

Oh Well…. Lester a lack lustre 3rd. Given a great trip by Kim, but obviously didn’t back up that well, his race to win was last Friday when fresh, shit happens. 

Well done John Dunn, out driving a heap of these guys each week in front👍

• Like 1

17 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Well… the old Style Council out tomorrow. I have taking it out of my black book, decided not to punt it again. See it’s nearly fav, but too much of a hard watch for mine

Unlucky again 😆, flew late for 2nd. 

• Haha 1

• 3 weeks later...
  • 2 weeks later...

Luckily for my wallet….. not bet on Style Council or Lester last few starts. 

Style Council, going good races but seems to be unlucky most starts, obviously not interested in winning. 

Lester, sat parked last start good run for 4th, today went to from and got nabbed. Think both nags had enough for now, with grass track racing coming to an end let’s wait for next year. 

51 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Get Jonny to show her how it is done.

What the hell 😂 that’s all sorts of weird. Not too mention, not even similar at all 😂🤦‍♀️

Lay off the obsession with me buddy, it’s getting kinda creepy. 

• Haha 1

7 minutes ago, KimButt said:

What the hell 😂 that’s all sorts of weird. Not too mention, not even similar at all 😂🤦‍♀️

Sorry didn't mean to offend. Just thought I would show Counter Punch you can push out from anywhere if you get aggressive enough. Funnily enough just happened to be Jonny driving that one.

Lets see Tane JJ get the win on Sunday. Good draw to work with again.  👍

9 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Sorry didn't mean to offend. Just thought I would show Counter Punch you can push out from anywhere if you get aggressive enough. Funnily enough just happened to be Jonny driving that one.

Lets see Tane JJ get the win on Sunday. Good draw to work with again.  👍

As you know many horses can't burn the candle twice or more in a race and still expect to show their best at the finish. They need to be covered up doing as little work as possible and then hope the gaps open up for them at the right time. Often those gaps don't open up and the horse is denied a run and appears unlucky. When the same horse is often unlucky I'd say it's more to do with the way it needs to be driven than anything else. From a betting perspective, I'd much rather have my dosh on a horse than can work and still be in the finish than one that often appears unlucky.

That aside, every race has a leader, a trailer, a parked runner, a one out one back runner, a runner buried on the inside etc and a tail ender. It's just not possible for every horse will be in the ideal position. Where they are in the running can be as much to do with circumstance as it is by design. Tony Herlihy finds the one one sit more times with his drives than any other NZ driver I've ever seen including Peter Wolfenden and Dexter Dunn but even those great drivers via circumstance found themselves in a position they can't win from. 

I have a lot of time for Kimberly as a driver and would happily have my money on her drives. Her drive to win on Didjabringthbubbles at long odds for Coaster earlier in the month was a peach as was her winning drive on Bullit Train last month at Wyndham. None of that surprised me as she is from a harness dynasty that without exception produce wonderful results. If you put her on an All Star top liner we'd all be talking about her as a driver from the top drawer. As we know she doesn't have those sorts of horses to drive.

Tane JJ on average wins once every 15 or so starts and is due a win that will likely / hopefully come soon. Will still need Kimberly's skills to get home as the horse is no world beater and there are always other similar type horses in that grade fighting for the win. 

• Like 1

13 hours ago, KimButt said:

Good luck Kim with that first starter today at Ashburton 👍

On 24/02/2024 at 10:25 AM, Walt said:

Tane JJ on average wins once every 15 or so starts and is due a win that will likely / hopefully come soon. Will still need Kimberly's skills to get home as the horse is no world beater and there are always other similar type horses in that grade fighting for the win. 

Not going to be easy today to win that race. She is in between a rock and a hard place from that draw.

Best gate speed in the race is Taxman by a mile and Blair driving today so likely to head forward. Thing is you don't want to be stuck behind that runner if there is a bit of speed in the race as even though it went its best run for some time on the first day it could be going backward at the turn dragging all the fence runners with it.  So do you take a punt and head forward and possibly get trapped again or do you sit on the outer and come down the outside. Only thing with coming down the outside is someone from the back makes a move mid race before you do and then you are possibly trapped in the middle. Tane JJ only needs clear running without doing any work to be a good winning chance. Could probably come from last down the outer and beat most of those. It will be an interesting watch.

• 4 weeks later...

Oh well, looks like only a few weeks until grass racing is over until the spring. Hopefully Lester will come back big, a little flat last few races. 

As for Style Council, went very well for a few weeks and should have won a race or 2, obviously nag is a bit beaten up now so needs a rest. 

Pretty hard for trainers to prime a horse for certain races, only the elite can be at the top for a long period….just shows the importance of having the best drivers on your horse, unless of course you just want to place. 
Bring on springtime grass track racing

• Like 1

• 1 month later...
On 23/03/2024 at 12:25 PM, Newmarket said:

Oh well, looks like only a few weeks until grass racing is over until the spring. Hopefully Lester will come back big, a little flat last few races. 

As for Style Council, went very well for a few weeks and should have won a race or 2, obviously nag is a bit beaten up now so needs a rest. 

Pretty hard for trainers to prime a horse for certain races, only the elite can be at the top for a long period….just shows the importance of having the best drivers on your horse, unless of course you just want to place. 
Bring on springtime grass track racing

Why are they still racing Lester? It’s racing like a tired nag…. Needs a break then back to grass circuit in spring. Had perfect run today, stopped as if shot