NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Kyle Cameron- Style Council?

Newmarket

Oh well, 

What we know after seeing the last 200 metres of that race…. Obviously didn’t want to win first day otherwise would have pulled off winners back earlier and got the win! 
Yep, my money talking here, horse ran very well, began well then pushed back to last to finish an unlucky 2nd. Oh well, 

• Sad 1

Another couple to watch Sunday. 

Lester, galloped early but still could have gone close to winning if gaps came. 

Annas Boy, looked to be angling into good outside position 1000m out, strangely driver went to inside and found itself last. Wouldn’t have beaten Muscle Bank who went huge after early gallop, but should have finished a lot closer. 

2 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Another couple to watch Sunday. 

Lester, galloped early but still could have gone close to winning if gaps came. 

Annas Boy, looked to be angling into good outside position 1000m out, strangely driver went to inside and found itself last. Wouldn’t have beaten Muscle Bank who went huge after early gallop, but should have finished a lot closer. 

lester had a gap to its outside but instead angled in behind them. Turned out a bad move tactically.Should really have won.

It was a big win mover as well so a few frustrated punters. I just had a look and if it had won it wouldn't have been rehandicapped for the 2nd day.Actually i had a nice 5 race multi finishing on it to run a place .Bugga.

And style council. yes i thought that strange as well.

• Like 1

what about a couple of drives tonight at cambridge.

race 9 luka doncic(d ferguson) and race 10 lord delmar(a poutama)

They were the worst today. Watch them and ask yourself,were they driving for themselves or someone else in the race?. Just look at the videos of those races and you will see what i mean.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Terrible drive. You have to wonder why they keep putting her on. 

yes it was a bad drive. But to be fair she is a driver who i have faith in to drive well. thats why i included it in my multi.

Just not her best effort today.i suppose had it got out late and won we wouldn't be talking about it,but it didn't. We do know she always tries so no questions in that regard.I guess she may well read this. Must be a bit strange reading what people think when you already know if you made a wrong tactical decision.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

3 minutes ago, the galah said:

yes it was a bad drive. But to be fair she is a driver who i have faith in to drive well.

I don't rate her at all.

Parked out is her favourite position and her second favourite thing is getting back and running home with no room.

i see the stipes say style council lay inwards in the straight,but it fails to note that was early in the straight. When he finally did pull it out with 50m to go it ran straight as.

I'm not saying it would have won but it sure would have gone close.

The stipes not asking him why he didn't pull out when anyone watching the race would have been asking that,seems odd.We all noticed it.

As to lester. Thats even more of a mystery why they didn't question the drive. Once again,the reason we are talking about it was because you couldn't help but notice it.

Obviously the stipes think its ok to angle in behind horses when there is a clear run on the outside. 

• Like 1

51 minutes ago, the galah said:

lester had a gap to its outside but instead angled in behind them. Turned out a bad move tactically.Should really have won.

It was a big win mover as well so a few frustrated punters. I just had a look and if it had won it wouldn't have been rehandicapped for the 2nd day.Actually i had a nice 5 race multi finishing on it to run a place .Bugga.

Agree, no idea why driver opted to gamble on inside passage, when could have peeled of horse in fronts back and had clear run? 
Wont bag Kim too much, sometimes she comments on here😆

• Like 1

Heres another races stipes report from marlborough today.

G thornley was warned for the using her whip in more than a wrist flicking action.

So the take away from that seems clear.

Its ok to use the whip a couple of times like she used it ,as long as the horse is about to fall over.

But you can't use it even once that way when driving at any other time during the race.If you do they will fine or suspend you. 

• Like 1

Ive got to find something better to do than watch race replays on a friday night before i go to bed..

But i just watched that dylan ferguson  drive on luka doncic again for a bit of a laugh..

I've worked out who he reminded me of. 

The mother in law.

She used to love driving down the road accelerating then pumping the brakes. If you were a passenger the head jerking back and forward. 

Edited by the galah
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Oh well, 

What we know after seeing the last 200 metres of that race…. Obviously didn’t want to win first day otherwise would have pulled off winners back earlier and got the win! 
Yep, my money talking here, horse ran very well, began well then pushed back to last to finish an unlucky 2nd. Oh well, 

I saw your ten dollars make it a market mover.just joking.i thought the same thing last week with Zac butcher on sonsofthemerch that cost me heaps.i still do not understand why he didn't come off the leaders back on the home turn and push the eventual winner 3 wide instead of losing all momentum waiting for the sprint lane.100% it cost it winning and the absolute cognitive impairments stupid stewards say nothing..

• Like 1

5 hours ago, the galah said:

Ive got to find something better to do than watch race replays on a friday night before i go to bed..

But i just watched that dylan ferguson  drive on luka doncic again for a bit of a laugh..

I've worked out who he reminded me of. 

The mother in law.

She used to love driving down the road accelerating then pumping the brakes. If you were a passenger the head jerking back and forward. 

He's proven to be a very bad driver who has brain farts occasionally gasing them.ben hope had a shocker today back to his old ways of doing everything he can to get them beat.i backed double time so I'm glad he drove it so cute.

6 hours ago, the galah said:

Carter Dalgety on the Thomas horse was a bad gasing drive which cost Jimmy Arma but the other one he drove for the stable will shit in on day to with any luck🤞

• Like 1

4 hours ago, Forbury said:

Carter Dalgety on the Thomas horse was a bad gasing drive which cost Jimmy Arma but the other one he drove for the stable will shit in on day to with any luck🤞

Yes, I assume you’re talking about White Star Orlando, no luck in straight. 
Bella Lindenny had no room late also. 

Well, everyone will know how my puntings gone after tomorrows meeting, I see Lester paying $5, not much value there in a stronger field, while Style Council paying $4-80 mmm. 

But what has been pleasing about the Blenheim track, horses have been winning from everywhere, yay. 

On another note, Just Ask Paddy?  Watched replay a few times, looks like it lost its gate just before line, thought it might get relegated, or did they go easy on trainer as he was a local?

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

5 hours ago, Newmarket said:

Yes, I assume you’re talking about White Star Orlando, no luck in straight. 
Bella Lindenny had no room late also. 

Well, everyone will know how my puntings gone after tomorrows meeting, I see Lester paying $5, not much value there in a stronger field, while Style Council paying $4-80 mmm. 

But what has been pleasing about the Blenheim track, horses have been winning from everywhere, yay. 

On another note, Just Ask Paddy?  Watched replay a few times, looks like it lost its gate just before line, thought it might get relegated, or did they go easy on trainer as he was a local?

I think backing Lester paying $5 is very unwise. Certainly he should have won the other day when people backed him at $12. He was at $3.30 a place the other day.He should still be paying $9 in my opinion.

backing favorites who are going to be driven for luck like lester is too risky a strategy. There has to be a realistic price to make it worth the risk.

as you've pointed out newmarket,theres more depth to that field as well.   

Then style council at $4.80. I think only for mugs that price also. You couldn't have much confidence  going forward if you watched the way it was driven in the straight on friday. Who's to say he wont use the same tactics again if he thinks thats the best way to drive it.

I'm convinced there are a  lot of punters out there who see a horse they think should win and then just back it on the ff,whatever the price the bookies put up initially.

i've followed horses that every time they start the bookies open at silly short prices and every time the horses still get punted. The bookies know they can open them shorter than they should and that it won't stop punters getting on .They can't lose in the long run on horses like that.

Edited by the galah
  • Like 1

13 minutes ago, the galah said:

I think backing Lester paying $5 is very unwise. Certainly he should have won the other day when people backed him at $12. He was at $3.30 a place the other day.He should still be paying $9 in my opinion.

backing favorites who are going to be driven for luck like lester is too risky a strategy. There has to be a realistic price to make it worth the risk.

Then style council at $4.80. I think only for mugs that price also. You couldn't have much confidence  going forward if you watched the way it was driven in the straight on friday. Who's to say he wont use the same tactics again if he thinks thats the best way to drive it.

I'm convinced there are a  lot of punters out there who see a horse they think should win and then just back it on the ff,whatever the price the bookies put up initially.

i've followed horses that every time they start the bookies open at silly short prices and every time the horses still get punted. The bookies know they can open them shorter than they should and that it won't stop punters getting on .They can't lose in the long run on horses like that.

by the way im not saying they can't win,i'm saying there prices are shorter than i would back at myself. And i did back both of them on the first day.

I thought miley ace might be one for a price tomorrow in race 3,but just looked at its price and it opened at $6 and is now paying only $4.20. Unreal i think that its paying so short a price.

He may try and lead all the way or he may take a sit  behind spirited lou,although hard to predict what spirited lou may do as it seems a bit inconsistent so he may want to hold the lead. Mileys ace is a handy maiden,but $4.20 is not a good price.

12 hours ago, Forbury said:

I saw your ten dollars make it a market mover.just joking.i thought the same thing last week with Zac butcher on sonsofthemerch that cost me heaps.i still do not understand why he didn't come off the leaders back on the home turn and push the eventual winner 3 wide instead of losing all momentum waiting for the sprint lane.100% it cost it winning and the absolute cognitive impairments stupid stewards say nothing..

Haha, 

I’m not a big punter, $10, $20 or $50 is about my limit, that was what I put on Lester and Style Council, only $50 win. So no damage done, used to bet a bit more years ago but I learnt😆

2 hours ago, the galah said:

Totally agree with all you said. I have heaps of Freebets on TAB and Sportsbet, so off loaded on all the nags I have mentioned on this thread, still had the most on Lester & Style Council, agree too short but I can only use tab bonus bets on fixed odds, so if the go down the gurgles I will feel better😆
I do have a go on the TABs bonus bets, and Sportsbet too, had $540 to use😆😆, I only bet for a win mostly

• Like 2

Oh Well,

Style Council again begins well and settles 4th, next minute he is last. 
Stayed on inside, flew late to be beaten half length😆😆😆.

Only lost a few bonus bets as never had much confidence in driver, but less after last 2 days. I suppose big difference in drivers, you would never imagine Blair O or John D being so unlucky on a horse today after going so well first day. 

Funny thing, about 150m out there is a gap that any other driver would push through, but he waits for a couple of strides before he gets through, costs him the race. Pity the owners….

Right, let’s hope Lester goes big soon and restores my faith😆

13 minutes ago, Newmarket said:

Oh Well,

Style Council again begins well and settles 4th, next minute he is last. 
Stayed on inside, flew late to be beaten half length😆😆😆.

Only lost a few bonus bets as never had much confidence in driver, but less after last 2 days. I suppose big difference in drivers, you would never imagine Blair O or John D being so unlucky on a horse today after going so well first day. 

Funny thing, about 150m out there is a gap that any other driver would push through, but he waits for a couple of strides before he gets through, costs him the race. Pity the owners….

Right, let’s hope Lester goes big soon and restores my faith😆

Had the gap 50m sooner but decided to wait until he only had 50m left to wind up to full speed. Stiff again.

• Like 1

On 20/01/2024 at 2:24 PM, the galah said:

style council at $4.80. I think only for mugs that price also. You couldn't have much confidence  going forward if you watched the way it was driven in the straight on friday. Who's to say he wont use the same tactics again if he thinks thats the best way to drive it.

I would give the driver good marks for consistency.

• Haha 1