Bit Of A Yarn

Question for Yankiwi

What is the expected injury rate for Racing Greyhounds?  Globally.

What is the standard deviation?

What is the rate for each NZ track and its SD?

Now rinse and repeat the above by normalising the data relative to multiple variables such as trainer, track conditions, distance, etc.

We all await your erudite analysis.

7 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Have a nice wait.

A response which clearly indicates you haven't a clue. You obviously spend most of your day churning out meaningless stats to support your biased hypothesis yet can't be bothered, or don't know how, to provide validity to them.

• 2 weeks later...

Hey Chief, it seems you may be the best informed gracilis injury expert of the forum. You had said in the past that you had done some research on a scientific paper or something.

"referred to the Veterinarian after faltering first turn and pulled up where it was reported to have torn both gracilis muscles and an undiagnosed left shoulder injury with a 60 day incapacitation issued. Follow up veterinary examination required the next day with stewards to follow up on the results. Must trial prior to resuming."

Can you please explain to us just why this happened here & what can be done to eliminate this generally racing career ending injury?

The head-on footage near the very end of the following video could be very reveling if you have expertise on what the underlying cause of most gracilis injuries are in NZ.

As a side note for anyone concerned, how could a dog pass the pre-race vet check with an undiagnosed left shoulder injury that suddenly became apparent to the vet when examining the other end of the dog?

6 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

That's the dog that has 27 starts on the same track for no injuries?  Explain that.

It's also the dog that will probably never race on any track again.

I want to learn more about how gracilis injuries occur. I thought I'd ask you for advice as you've claimed you have studied the subject.

The tracks left on the track from the stride where the first torn gracilis occurred look very different than the previous two did. Almost like the rear legs were trying to turn right, although the dog is going beginning a left-hand turn.

How could that happen?

image001.thumb.jpg.8f3b85ad3cf8a8d5404a27d2ca7603df.jpg

20 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

It's also the dog that will probably never race on any track again.

I want to learn more about how gracilis injuries occur. I thought I'd ask you for advice as you've claimed you have studied the subject.

The tracks left on the track from the stride where the first torn gracilis occurred look very different than the previous two did. Almost like the rear legs were trying to turn right, although the dog is going beginning a left-hand turn.

How could that happen?

image001.thumb.jpg.8f3b85ad3cf8a8d5404a27d2ca7603df.jpg

Why don't you do the same graphics with each of the dogs and tell us what the variance was.  Chazza you have a bias and therefore your stats are crap.

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Why don't you do the same graphics with each of the dogs and tell us what the variance was.  Chazza you have a bias and therefore your stats are crap.

Chief, I thought you were the gracilis expert.

Maybe you should do the graphic work as you'll know exactly what to be looking for.

I was just trying to help.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Chief, I thought you were the gracilis expert.

Maybe you should do the graphic work as you'll know exactly what to be looking for.

I was just trying to help.

I didn't say I was an expert I just quoted experts.

If I had the time and could be bothered I'd cut your statistics and conclusions to shreds.