Bit Of A Yarn

Kiwi slot auction

48 minutes ago, Special Agent said:

I agree with a few of the contributers to this thread.  A copied concept race holds no appeal.

But it isn't copied is it?  Was the Karaka Millions before the Magic Millions?  Both sweepstake races as is any slot race.  Just another sweepstake race with a variation.  

Now what you should do is get your next good 3yr old lined up so they are trying to buy it for their slot?!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Now what you should do is get your next good 3yr old lined up so they are trying to buy it for their slot?!

Exactly, I can recall a little known bloke by the name of Peter Moran winning 500k from a $2 bet on a Matamata jackpot in 1970 and immediately afterwards struck another jackpot when he outlaid $25,000 for the outstanding galloper Panzer Chief after he'd won his first two races as a two year-old. $25,000 was also a lot of money then but Panzer Chief went on to win thirteen races and was rated second best 3 year-old of his year. Amazing story and highlights that fact that everyone is equal on a racecourse.

Jackpots were an on-course only promotion whereby participants were required to select the winners of six races and as the funds weren't invested on the totalisator, no deductions were made. The biggest jackpot pool was 850k in 1972.

I often wonder how much the majority of posters on these forums have actually achieved in this game!

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1