Bit Of A Yarn

Latest Interdoms Rankings

Basil

It's now only a month until the 2018 Interdoms kick off, and the latest rankings are out.
Pacing:
https://static1.squarespace.com/stat...s+%28v3%29.pdf
Trotting:

More astute observers will no doubt pick up on other tit-bits, but my superficial reading revealed:

1. The lower stakes are obviously having an effect on who's prepared to travel: there doesn't seem to be much depth in both the pacers' and trotters' sections, particularly the latter.

2. NZ-breds dominate the nominations in both sections, particularly the top spots.

3. Pat's Delight's Kaikoura Cup run has seen him elevated into the top 30 and he could be the quiet smokie in the pacers section (although my tipping him almost certainly kills his chances!)

• Like 1

17 minutes ago, Basil said:

It's now only a month until the 2018 Interdoms kick off, and the latest rankings are out.
Pacing:
Trotting:

More astute observers will no doubt pick up on other tit-bits, but my superficial reading revealed:

1. The lower stakes are obviously having an effect on who's prepared to travel: there doesn't seem to be much depth in both the pacers' and trotters' sections, particularly the latter.

2. NZ-breds dominate the nominations in both sections, particularly the top spots.

3. Pat's Delight's Kaikoura Cup run has seen him elevated into the top 30 and he could be the quiet smokie in the pacers section (although my tipping him almost certainly kills his chances!)

I see a couple of up and comers from Australia shadow sax and San Carlo, not bad types, San Carlo defeated tiger Tara last week they both interest me.

• Like 1

6 hours ago, Basil said:

The lower stakes are obviously having an effect

Quite correct Basil. We are still to make a decision whether to send Monty over or not. Expensive exercise and no travelling subsidy's.

Father Xmas may start as he is domiciled at Brent Lilleys, but would only be competitive over the longer distances. 

One real revelation is Tornado Valley, since moving to Aussie. Cant fault the form and his last run was top class in the Cranbourne Cup.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Quite correct Basil. We are still to make a decision whether to send Monty over or not. Expensive exercise and no travelling subsidy's.

Father Xmas may start as he is domiciled at Brent Lilleys, but would only be competitive over the longer distances. 

One real revelation is Tornado Valley, since moving to Aussie. Cant fault the form and his last run was top class in the Cranbourne Cup.

Monty quite highly ranked and I think format may suite, he's tough

47 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Monty quite highly ranked and I think format may suite, he's tough

Yes he would back up for consecutive races . The cost is prohibitive considering the small returns unfortunately.

Oh for the old days of "REAL " Interdominions. 

1973 at Harold Park. Arapaho, Royal Ascot , Manaroa, etc, packed to the gunnels, hardly any standing room.

Great stuff.

4 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Yes he would back up for consecutive races . The cost is prohibitive considering the small returns unfortunately.

Oh for the old days of "REAL " Interdominions. 

1973 at Harold Park. Arapaho, Royal Ascot , Manaroa, etc, packed to the gunnels, hardly any standing room.

Great stuff.

I know Globe, the best of the best, I'm sure they subsidised Aussies coming here and vise versa in the day

5 hours ago, globederby12 said:

That's definitely a shame. I take it the timing of the Interdoms means there's no real opportunity to "kill several birds with one stone", i.e., there aren't other good-stakes trotting races he could take in on the same trip?

7 hours ago, Basil said:

That's definitely a shame. I take it the timing of the Interdoms means there's no real opportunity to "kill several birds with one stone", i.e., there aren't other good-stakes trotting races he could take in on the same trip?

Of that I am not sure. We leave that up to those in charge, but costs have to be agreed upon by everyone, usually by vote.