Bit Of A Yarn

GRNZ's Animal Welfare 2nd Quarterly Progress Report

GRNZ's 2nd Quarter - Animal Welfare Progress Report is about due to be published. You know, the one that they send off to the Government that is thinking about closing them down.

I thought I'd post the data I had retrieved prior to GRNZ publishing their report to show the data I've collected is basically in line with theirs.

I don't expect to exactly match what they publish. As I've mentioned earlier, I do not as a rule track the injuries back thru time like they do. I do however expect it to be very close to the data they provide.

Once they publish their version of the 2nd quarter carnage, that began with no clear change in November (the first month of the quarter) as Mr. Dore had claimed, I'll then plug their reported data in manually alongside of my data, like I had done for the first quarter.

How will they sugarcoat that every track was over their KPI target percentage for major injuries individually & 50% over their KPI target percentage for all tracks combined?

image.png.7021afa203e12bc55ccdb3ce515d75e9.png

Go ahead and fake news this Chief.

Then I'll ask you why you did it after it proves it's well in line with GRNZ's "official" stats.

• Fake News! 1

• 1 month later...

December Progress Report long overdue.

Only a few days left for the April report as well.

Maybe GRNZ is too busy installing Auckland's Nov 2022, Jan 2023 safety rail and getting the Wanganui straight track up & running, which was supposed to be commissioned in May last year.

image.png.210053e874ef760d397ee16c1bbc5fce.png

Feb AHWC minutes have been published.

https://www.grnz.co.nz/Files/Animal Health Welfare Committee minutes/00 2024 02 21 AHWC Minutes - Draft (2).pdf

One thing I find is very confusing.

Who is this Michael?

image.png.0294df8183888d4aebbfd0bd498b7d6b.png

There was no "Michael" either present or in attendance at the meeting. In fact, they didn't even invite a "Michael" to the meeting. Maybe this new Michael is the person who caused all the grief protesting in Cambridge not so long ago...

image.png.7873aaecc7a346a17f80de7ed004dfd7.png

How does Michael know that dogs were not injured because they were raced too often?

Does he know the training program at the home kennel of dogs that were injured?

Does he know how many trials each dog had run between their race-day starts?

Does he have evidence that ensures "the controlling factors" GRNZ has in place within their rules are infallible?

Whoever this Michael is, he sure doesn't sound any better than the last Michael they had. You know, the one who said that Manukau & Cambridge led the pack in terms of low injury rates.

When mediocre (at best) workmanship masquerades as expertise, no amount of time or money will plug the hole in a sinking ship.

• Haha 1