NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Stewards suspension inconsistencies

While I am a rant at the Repressive Inconsistency Unit is this just another miserable attempt at a token ask the question on why did the horse improve or did they actually get the wrong horse.

Star Magic ran fifth and sixth previous two starts and was less than three lengths from the winner in both and was single figures on the tote.

STAR MAGIC - when questioned regarding the improved performance trainer/driver G Smith advised the gelding had benefited from a brief freshen up after feeling the effects of recent racing and had been working well in preparation for today's race.

Yet the second horse Lord Mudrick who was close to the rank outsider paying the same for a place as the win price for the winner and in its previous two starts had finished eight and ninth with losing margins of 11.5 len and 6.5len was never questioned. Even worse this horse had gone back in its last three starts from good draws but this time is driven out of the gate like a madman from a wide alley.

Once again no consistency for the punters.

• Like 1

29 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

Neil Munro 7 Starts this year for 1 win and 1 third.

Steve Trotter 11 starts this year for 1 third.

Yet the penalties look obscene when you compare them. Thoughts?

Penalties.JPG

Consistently in consistent from the Stipes!

What is OBSCENE, and anyone with any semblance of  intelligence, can work out the the whip rule is just blatantly stupid, and needs changing ASAP to what it was a decade ago, and worked just fine!

Hopefully the Ozzie CEO has the balls and intelligence to change it, cos it is not doing harness racing any favours!

We know the person who was the one that started the change in rules, not  going to name him, but most know how dumb it is!

22 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

While I am a rant at the Repressive Inconsistency Unit is this just another miserable attempt at a token ask the question on why did the horse improve or did they actually get the wrong horse.

Star Magic ran fifth and sixth previous two starts and was less than three lengths from the winner in both and was single figures on the tote.

STAR MAGIC - when questioned regarding the improved performance trainer/driver G Smith advised the gelding had benefited from a brief freshen up after feeling the effects of recent racing and had been working well in preparation for today's race.

Yet the second horse Lord Mudrick who was close to the rank outsider paying the same for a place as the win price for the winner and in its previous two starts had finished eight and ninth with losing margins of 11.5 len and 6.5len was never questioned. Even worse this horse had gone back in its last three starts from good draws but this time is driven out of the gate like a madman from a wide alley.

Once again no consistency for the punters.

To be fair though, and Brodie hasnt said this, Stipes clearly dont have to pass  an IQ test or any fitness test!!!!

the Harness Drivers Association must be pretty weak, as I can not see why on earth they accept this BS from the Stipes?

They should show unified strength and confront HRNZ and sort it out with them!

Hopefully the Ozzie new  CEO, doesnt put up with the poor decision making that is occurring far too many times by the current Sipes!

13 hours ago, Nowornever said:

Neil Munro 7 Starts this year for 1 win and 1 third.

Steve Trotter 11 starts this year for 1 third.

Yet the penalties look obscene when you compare them. Thoughts?

Penalties.JPG

This is an inane post, backed up by inane other posters

One is an amateur Driver, so his 1 month suspension would cover 2 driving days ..... the same as the other example

1 hour ago, Michael said:

One is an amateur Driver, so his 1 month suspension would cover 2 driving days ..... the same as the other example

Thanks for the sarcastic response.

However if you look closely at other decisions related to the whip rule you will see inconsistency.  For example a driver might have had 43 drives this season gets 3 days the same as someone who has had 18 drives.

The rule is inane in my opinion.

3 hours ago, Michael said:

S Trotter is hardly a professional driver Michael!

He is only driving the one horse at the moment and doesnt pick up outside drives!

Just a blatantly crazy whip rule brought in through panic and nothing else.

Being punished for wanting to win is crazy !

This new CEO from Ozzie hopefully will change the rule as the Ozzies are known for not being shy in using the whip!

1 hour ago, Chief Stipe said:

Thanks for the sarcastic response.

However if you look closely at other decisions related to the whip rule you will see inconsistency.  For example a driver might have had 43 drives this season gets 3 days the same as someone who has had 18 drives.

The rule is inane in my opinion.

My reply confined itself to the example quoted in the original post

You just have to poke your oar in if wee Brodie is criticised don't you?

• Sad 1

8 minutes ago, Brodie said:

S Trotter is hardly a professional driver Michael!

He is only driving the one horse at the moment and doesnt pick up outside drives!

Just a blatantly crazy whip rule brought in through panic and nothing else.

Being punished for wanting to win is crazy !

This new CEO from Ozzie hopefully will change the rule as the Ozzies are known for not being shy in using the whip!

It's impossible to argue with you

STrotter is a professional Driver

He may not be as "professional" as you want but his Licence doesn't say "Amateur"

Despite Chief Stipe leaping to your defence you are wrong

Both Drivers, in this example, received similar penaltys

17 minutes ago, Michael said:

He may not be as "professional" as you want but his Licence doesn't say "Amateur"

I can tell you when determining punishments they do look at past offenses and how frequently they occur, so you do have to factor into any sentence. Personally I don't know either drivers records. 

30 minutes ago, Michael said:

My reply confined itself to the example quoted in the original post

You just have to poke your oar in if wee Brodie is criticised don't you?

No I actually posted on the Topic before you did.  The original post was by @Nowornever not @Brodie.   But you seem to overlook such points when Brodie is involved.

• Like 1

32 minutes ago, Michael said:

But the example I gave is real - one had 46 drives the other 18 this year.  They both got 3 days.

Some get fines some get suspensions.  So the questioning the consistency of rulings is valid.

4 hours ago, Michael said:

And your thoughts on:

4 hours ago, Michael said:

The average punter sees 1 month vs 2 days for the same offense in the report. They don't even know Neil is an amateur how would they work out the inconsistency you just explained?

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Michael said:

Michael, you are talking crap.

Neill Munro is currently an Amateur Driver but previously he had a professional  license!

Steve Trotter is not a professional driver now or NEVER HAS BEEN!!!!!
He has only ever been GRADUATION DRIVER AND NEVER A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER!!!!!!! 
To be fair Neil Munro is a helluva better driver than Steve Trotter with respect to Steve who rarely jumps in the cart nowadays, so you are incorrect once again, Michael!

• Like 1

18 hours ago, Brodie said:

To be fair though, and Brodie hasnt said this, Stipes clearly dont have to pass  an IQ test or any fitness test!!!!

What kind of of fitness test ?

Would there be an element of bonding ?

Fitness.jpg

• Haha 1

5 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Ranga, do you believe that many of the current Stipes appear to be runners??

I actually have no idea, some names are familiar but I don't recall setting eyes on any of them recently.

Your insinuation suggests they may not be.

I shall gamble on you being "on the money"

• Haha 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:00 PM, Chief Stipe said:

But the example I gave is real - one had 46 drives the other 18 this year.  They both got 3 days.

Some get fines some get suspensions.  So the questioning the consistency of rulings is valid.

I didn't comment on the example you gave

I commented on the initial post in this thread and the example that was given

I'm well aware that Brodie didn't start the thread, he was the "inane other poster" I referred to

• Haha 1

22 hours ago, Brodie said:

Michael, you are talking crap.

Neill Munro is currently an Amateur Driver but previously he had a professional  license!

Steve Trotter is not a professional driver now or NEVER HAS BEEN!!!!!
He has only ever been GRADUATION DRIVER AND NEVER A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER!!!!!!! 
To be fair Neil Munro is a helluva better driver than Steve Trotter with respect to Steve who rarely jumps in the cart nowadays, so you are incorrect once again, Michael!

I am not incorrect at all

STrotter does not hold an Amateur licence

He holds a Professional licence, called a Graduation licence if you so desire

He doesn't hold an Amateur licence hence the only other alternative is a professional licence

What licence Neil used to hold is immaterial, he holds an Amateur licence at the moment and his month's suspension covered 2 possible days of driving

Therefore it's comparable to STotter's suspension which was the crux of the original post

I'm not incorrect

You are never on the money unless you use the infinite number of monkeys using a typewriter scenario ie if you post enough rubbish then one day you will fluke something that's correct

Being repetitive doesn't make you right

• Haha 1

56 minutes ago, Michael said:

You are never on the money unless you use the infinite number of monkeys using a typewriter scenario ie if you post enough rubbish then one day you will fluke something that's correct

He has almost nearly been close on maybe one occasion. 

I am keeping the faith in The Brodster.

If The Spitfire can ..........

• Like 1

On 6/11/2024 at 2:35 PM, Nowornever said:

The average punter sees 1 month vs 2 days for the same offense in the report. They don't even know Neil is an amateur how would they work out the inconsistency you just explained?

You're saying an average punter doesn't know the difference

I doubt that

Perhaps a novice punter might not

However if such punter reads this thread then he or she should be able to work it out

Edited by Michael

1 hour ago, Michael said:

He doesn't hold an Amateur licence hence the only other alternative is a professional licence

What licence Neil used to hold is immaterial, he holds an Amateur licence at the moment and his month's suspension covered 2 possible days of driving

Therefore it's comparable to STotter's suspension which was the crux of the original post

I'm not incorrect

Michael, with respect you are a plonker!!

Neill Munro is more a professional driver than Steve Trotter.

A Graduation Driver is not a professional driver at all, and the difference in suspensions imposed on both of them is BS!

Dont reply because you will dig a bigger hole.

Inane maybe, but at least I am honest, Michael!

Edited by Brodie

2 hours ago, Michael said:

I'm not incorrect

So you agree there is inconsistency in penalties?

• Like 1