NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Stewards suspension inconsistencies

2 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

So you agree there is inconsistency in penalties?

Well they do it like the courts or the footy tribunal or any other official sanction operation. On a case by case basis. Who says Penalties have to be the same as anyone elses?

No-one got as long as McGrath so bet he is pissed with the inconsistency lol.

Once I got 2 horses put out of the draw (made unruly) on the one night and even knocked someone down with one of them 🙄. The stewards even gave me a choice of fine or suspension. So Doesn't have to be the same for everybody. I said give us a week off (and said "don't want to drive those two bloody horse next week anyway" 🤣😂) Plus I haven't go 200 bucks to spare either". "You don't want me working the whole bloody week for nothing do ya?" 

So they gave me a Week suspension very generously 😎.  (one of the horses ran 3rd the following week for the new driver too 👍😆 from the unruly)

• Like 1

14 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well they do it like the courts or the footy tribunal or any other official sanction operation. On a case by case basis. Who say9s Penalties have to be the same as anyone elses?

Once I got 2 horses put out of the draw (made unruly) on the one night and even knocked someone down with one of them 🙄. The stewards even gave me a choice of fine or suspension. So Doesn't have to be the same for everybody. I said give us a week off (and said "don't want to drive those two bloody horse next week anyway" 🤣😂) Plus I haven't go 200 bucks to spare either". "You don't want me working the whole bloody week for nothing do ya?" 

So they gave me a Week suspension very generously 😎.  (one of the horses ran 3rd the following week for the new driver too 👍😆 from the unruly)

If there are inconsistencies in the penalties delivered then there is injustice.

It is worse if the rationale for the different penalties is not explained.

At the end of the day it leads to the undermining of the integrity of racing.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

17 minutes ago, Gammalite said:

Well they do it like the courts or the footy tribunal or any other official sanction operation. On a case by case basis. Who says Penalties have to be the same as anyone elses?

The thing is Gamma that both were suspended solely for wanting to win a race for their connections!!

Munro earns no money for winning and yet wants to do best for the owners and gets suspended for using the whip more than the blatantly stupid rule allows!

Hopefully the Ozzie has some common sense and overturns the crazy current rule as it is diabolically poorly thought out!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

On 6/12/2024 at 4:47 PM, Brodie said:

Michael, with respect you are a plonker!!

Neill Munro is more a professional driver than Steve Trotter.

A Graduation Driver is not a professional driver at all, and the difference in suspensions imposed on both of them is BS!

Dont reply because you will dig a bigger hole.

Inane maybe, but at least I am honest, Michael!

An Amateur Driver holds an Amateur licence

For want of a better word, anyone holding a licence that is not an Amateur licence holds a Professional licence

There are various classes of Professional licences, just as there are various classes of idiots

You are a Class A idiot Brodie

9 minutes ago, Michael said:

For want of a better word, anyone holding a licence that is not an Amateur licence holds a Professional licence

There are various classes of Professional licences, just as there are various classes of idiots

Another drive by finger point by @Michael

wtf GIF by Universal Music Africa

11 minutes ago, Michael said:

Not worth debating with you Michael!

You are correct Michael, that there are various classes of everything!

There are varying degrees of dishonesty as well Michael!

On 6/11/2024 at 4:22 PM, Brodie said:

Michael, you are talking crap.

Neill Munro is currently an Amateur Driver but previously he had a professional  license!

Steve Trotter is not a professional driver now or NEVER HAS BEEN!!!!!
He has only ever been GRADUATION DRIVER AND NEVER A PROFESSIONAL DRIVER!!!!!!! 
To be fair Neil Munro is a helluva better driver than Steve Trotter with respect to Steve who rarely jumps in the cart nowadays, so you are incorrect once again, Michael!

A Graduation driver is a Professional 

It may not be an appropriate term but that's what we have

Either you are an Amateur Licence holder or you are a non-Amateur Licence holder (which is a Professional)

I didn't comment on any Driver's abilities so you are cominbg up with red herrings

The question was asked about inconsistencies in penaltys and I answered opining that, in this case, there was no inconsistency

3 minutes ago, Michael said:

Either you are an Amateur Licence holder or you are a non-Amateur Licence holder (which is a Professional)

A non-Amateur License holder could also be an un-Licensed person which mean they weren't a Professional.

On 6/12/2024 at 5:24 PM, Chief Stipe said:

So you agree there is inconsistency in penalties?

I don't agree nor do I disagree

Simply because I don't watch the races and I certainly don't read Judicial Reports

I do know that, as in the case that started this thread, that the number of drives a reinsperson might have is a factor, therefore when an Amateur Licence holder cops a suspension it appears longer than a non-Amateur

4 minutes ago, Michael said:

The question was asked about inconsistencies in penaltys and I answered opining that, in this case, there was no inconsistency

But there is and I provided an example which you choose to ignore.  For example why do some Professional drivers get fined, some get suspensions, some get the same number of days for widely different number of drives and so on?

1 minute ago, Chief Stipe said:

A non-Amateur License holder could also be an un-Licensed person.

What a pedantic post

Obviously the post is referring to licence holders that drive in races

As a number of other posters have commented on, or voted by leaving, there appears to be something wrong with you

You aren't consistent. you just want to take the opposite side of any argument in order to prolong threads

This isn't TikTok you know, I doubt you get paid by the post but if you do then you/Noodlum/Brodie are filling your coffers

• Bad Post 1

2 minutes ago, Michael said:

I don't agree nor do I disagree

Simply because I don't watch the races and I certainly don't read Judicial Reports

I do know that, as in the case that started this thread, that the number of drives a reinsperson might have is a factor, therefore when an Amateur Licence holder cops a suspension it appears longer than a non-Amateur

So therefore if you haven't done the research then you can't comment on whether there are inconsistencies or not. 

In keeping with your bro'mance with @Brodie you ignore the fact that it was @Nowornever who started the Topic.

2 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

But there is and I provided an example which you choose to ignore.  For example why do some Professional drivers get fined, some get suspensions, some get the same number of days for widely different number of drives and so on?

Again,. and this time read my reply

I stated that in this case there wasn't any inconsistency

I then stated that I don't watch races nor read Judicial Reports so I can't comment on other cases

I didn't chose to ignore your example, I didn't even read your example

5 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So therefore if you haven't done the research then you can't comment on whether there are inconsistencies or not. 

In keeping with your bro'mance with @Brodie you ignore the fact that it was @Nowornever who started the Topic.

I can comment on the case that started the thread as it is common knowledge

I have already said I can't comment on other cases, which is why I haven't

I haven't ignored the fact that Nowornever started the Topic

There is only 1 bromance with Brodie and that's you, unless one subscribes to the view that you are one and the same poster

Edited by Michael
  • Haha 1
  • Fake News! 1

10 minutes ago, Michael said:

I can comment on the case that started the thread as it is common knowledge

I have already said I can't comment on other cases, which is why I haven't

I haven't ignored the fact that Nowornever started the Topic

There is only 1 bromance with Brodie and that's you, unless one subscribes to the view that you are one and the same poster

I doubt ,very much , that the Chief could double as Brodie.

The Chief seems very keen on gallops and gets around a bit , walking tracks etc. Brodie seems to be Harness only and rarely gets out of the house ! Doesn't appear to bat for both teams !

And Michael , why doesn't Nelson/Marlborough have their June meetings and when did that change. I think both had 2 x days each !

So @Michael you agree or disagree that there are inconsistencies in the penalties given for infringing the whip use rules?

Now don't say - your don't care or you haven't done the research and you can't be bothered.

This Topic, which for whatever reason you have chosen to respond to, is about penalty inconsistencies. 

Now ONE of the examples given may have a valid reason for appearing inconsistent but in my opinion there are examples of inconsistency.

Now if you don't care to comment then we can only assume that you take some enjoyment out of driving by and firing a shot at @Brodie.  

10 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

The Chief seems very keen on gallops and gets around a bit , walking tracks etc. Brodie seems to be Harness only and rarely gets out of the house ! Doesn't appear to bat for both teams !

And Michael , why doesn't Nelson/Marlborough have their June meetings and when did that change. I think both had 2 x days each !

The Clubs weren't allocated June dates TAB4eva

From memory Nelson put up a fight and managed to keep them for a while

Marlborough didn't put up a fight and were happy to lose them (although they perhaps tried to paint a different picture)

Under the funding model in place when they lost the June dates the Winter meeting at Marlborough incurred a significant loss

The centralisation of racing at Addington isn't a really new idea, it was mooted as long ago as when Max Bowden was HRNZ Chairman

Under his watch the proposal was that Marlborough, Nelson and a number of other Clubs would have 1 day's racing (not one x 2 day meeting, 1 day only)

It was referred to by Max as "the Club's day in the sun"

It was why Max got ousted as HRNZ Chairman

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

So @Michael you agree or disagree that there are inconsistencies in the penalties given for infringing the whip use rules?

Now don't say - your don't care or you haven't done the research and you can't be bothered.

This Topic, which for whatever reason you have chosen to respond to, is about penalty inconsistencies. 

Now ONE of the examples given may have a valid reason for appearing inconsistent but in my opinion there are examples of inconsistency.

Now if you don't care to comment then we can only assume that you take some enjoyment out of driving by and firing a shot at @Brodie.  

Again, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on something I haven't followed

I think that's entirely reasonable

Not caring or not being bothered didn't come into it

There was only 1 example given in the thread starter and that's what I commented upon as I was an Amateur Driver so I could offer my thoughts on that

I take no enjoyment out of firing a shot at Brodie, I've actually reached the stage where I think he has problems and I don't want to be the sort of person who belittles others that are special

28 minutes ago, TAB For Ever said:

I rarely get out of the house?????

You stalking me again TAB?

I am not housebound as yet, too much living to do!

1 hour ago, Brodie said:

Not worth debating with you Michael!

You are correct Michael, that there are various classes of everything!

There are varying degrees of dishonesty as well Michael!

And your point is?

8 minutes ago, Michael said:

Again, I'm not agreeing or disagreeing on something I haven't followed

I think that's entirely reasonable

Not caring or not being bothered didn't come into it

There was only 1 example given in the thread starter and that's what I commented upon as I was an Amateur Driver so I could offer my thoughts on that

I take no enjoyment out of firing a shot at Brodie, I've actually reached the stage where I think he has problems and I don't want to be the sort of person who belittles others that are special

Michael, yes we all have problems to some degree, mine are TAB issues!

I am pleased that you think that Brodie is special. i will take that a compliment!

To be fair, I would be thinking that it is you that needs assistance?

Anyway pointless debating with you most of the time as you are an antagonist but then you have a chip on your shoulders, we know that!

4 minutes ago, Brodie said:

Michael, yes we all have problems to some degree, mine are TAB issues!

I am pleased that you think that Brodie is special. i will take that a compliment!

To be fair, I would be thinking that it is you that needs assistance?

Anyway pointless debating with you most of the time as you are an antagonist but then you have a chip on your shoulders, we know that!

Being told you are "special" isn't a compliment 

I'm fine without assistance at the moment thanks Brodie, and I don't remember you offering when I did need assistance

29 minutes ago, Michael said:

But obviously you do as you are fixated on it and you are the sort of person that belittles others as is clearly evident in the majority of your posts.