Bit Of A Yarn

That wasn't a good look. Race fall at Te Rapa.

curious

TAKESHI (M McNab) - Clipped a heel and badly blundered passing the 300 metres dislodging its rider before shifting

outwards abruptly making firm contact with DON’T LOOK ETHEL with Apprentice J Nishizuka being dislodged. Also

severely hampered as a result was HIT THE SWITCH. Rider M McNab was attended to by the oncourse Doctor and

stood down from his remaining ride being transported to hospital for further observation. M McNab was advised that

he would be required to provide a medical clearance to Stewards prior to riding next. Underwent a post-race

veterinary examination which did not reveal any abnormality.

DON’T LOOK ETHEL (J Nishizuka) - Severely hampered passing the 300 metres dislodging its rider. Apprentice J

Nishizuka was attended to by the oncourse Doctor and cleared of any injury. Underwent a post-race veterinary

examination which did not reveal any abnormality.

N Hailey (SILVER JAVELIN) - Admitted a charge of careless riding in that he permitted his mount to shift inwards when

not sufficiently clear of TAKESHI which clipped a heel and blundered dislodging its rider severely hampering DON’T

LOOK ETHEL which also dislodged its rider near the 300 metres. Also hampered as a result was HIT THE SWITCH. After

considering submissions the Adjudicative Committee imposed a suspension of N Hailey’s licence to ride in races from

the conclusion of racing on Sunday 23 June up to and including racing on Wednesday 24 July, 1 month.

• Chief Stipe changed the title to That wasn't a good look. Race fall at Te Rapa.

Very pleased to read he is OK. With My Sky I can rewind and review. The first thing I look at is how the jockeys hit the ground. Why? Because I do not like falls in any shape or form. I am hoping to know they are OK (ish) asap. I couldn't see with the actual footage how McNab hit the ground as he was nearly out of the picture.

Moving on; So why do we have to wait for an agents update on his condition and why do they edit out the incident. My take on this is that he Industry executive really does not care for the participants and would rather we all live in horsewashed lala happyland.   

• Like 2

One of the horses lay motionless on the track for at least 3 mins, I thought it was dead. Then got up & galloped away with a broken bridle. The other never went down & continued on riderless.

The young rider looked dazed & was focusing on the horse, whilst some of the riders went out to McNab, was hard to tell but it looked like Weatherley was sitting with him.

15 hours ago, curious said:

And the plonkers cut it out of the video replay.

6 hours ago, curious said:

Strangely there is no report on the outcome for either horse involved. No vet exam?

Isn't it all part of the "social license" sanitisation process?

You can't promote supposedly humane crematoriums on the one hand and publish how a horse got there.