Bit Of A Yarn

Horse Ambulance

Happy Sunrise

I see on TV 1 they had a segment about how they have created a horse ambulance. 

They showed the vivid image of Terry Chmiel flying through the air. plus the horse breaking down in the Melbourne Cup. However, the segment was not too negative, in fact, was more of a plus.

Well done to the people who thought of this and actually got to this stage. 

A proactive measure which will benefit all.

rsz_1nz-horse-ambulance-2.jpg

• Like 2

On 17/11/2018 at 6:42 PM, Happy Sunrise said:

I see on TV 1 they had a segment about how they have created a horse ambulance. 

They showed the vivid image of Terry Chmiel flying through the air. plus the horse breaking down in the Melbourne Cup. However, the segment was not too negative, in fact, was more of a plus.

Well done to the people who thought of this and actually got to this stage. 

A proactive measure which will benefit all.

rsz_1nz-horse-ambulance-2.jpg

About time, I feel sick when those crude screens go round a horse on the track. I remember a thoroughbred race in the early 80's possibly the big sprint that Avondale used to have, I think it was the Concord and a horse broke down, the screens were put up but the trainer wasn't having any of it and he limped the horse onto his horse float, not sure what the end result was, but it made me feel happy at the time.