NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

Friday Night Lights! How exciting!

Brodie

Posted (edited)

Good to see the TAB/Entain are going to be promoting Harness on a Friday night, what a great idea.

Hope it works and gets more people interested and promotes promotion of punting, as that is what Entain says they want!

Bollacks, I say to them wanting increased turnover on harness!

If they wanted increased turnover then they would be doing things differently and there are several ways of increasing turnover but to be fair I do not rate them highly with business sense, due to many of their decisions they have made over the last few months!!!!!!

Also question why “The Whale” is doing the tipping and form for both Islands???

No disrespect to Craig, but he is not a particularly successful tipster or punter, the TAB knows this, and that is why they retain him!

He is not there to tip winners!

Edited by Brodie
  • Like 1

I thought the Jason Teaz type programme was a good idea, I think you need 2 meetings to make it work but the quality of the racing has to be good as well, at present,winter it's just run of the mill, it should get better.

At least they are trying something new, will it increase turnover, who knows.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

FFS yep exactly as I thought. This new guy is thinking of slot races as the savior of harness racing. Fuck it is so predictable it is makes me sick. Lets just follow the same old things day after day and forget about getting more foals on the ground, looking after the small guys in ownership and training. I am one of the bigger spenders in punting and like Brodie I couldn't give a fuck about slot races. Give us more grass track racing and more stakes for lower class races you clowns

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 2

Posted (edited)
45 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

FFS yep exactly as I thought. This new guy is thinking of slot races as the savior of harness racing. Fuck it is so predictable it is makes me sick. Lets just follow the same old things day after day and forget about getting more foals on the ground, looking after the small guys in ownership and training. I am one of the bigger spenders in punting and like Brodie I couldn't give a fuck about slot races. Give us more grass track racing and more stakes for lower class races you clowns

Could not have said it better Nowornever.

Let the wealthier owners and  corporates transfer money back and forth between them.

HRNZ will be putting in all this extra money into the NZ Cup etc. for what?

it will not do anything to retain existing owners and smaller  trainers at all but let thrm think that it will.

Watch the Trackside presenters smile and say just how great it is to have Entain pumping this money into things.

It is petty cash for such a massive betting Corporate, painting them out as this life saver White Knight!

Hopefully they do save Harness Racing, what will be in 4 years time and before is what we should be worried about!

Anyway hope this Friday night Lights is great, and good to see this promotion.

Come in Entain, you want increased turnover?

Then let the punters on, or are you not wanting increased turnover like you say you do?

Edited by Brodie

Looks like nothing positive for South of the Waitaki, I note in the calandar 2 days seemed to have disappeared from the calandar as well from the original, mostly Thursdays, some Sundays in Summer and Saturdays in March, oh well we will see if it's a positive or a negative..

52 minutes ago, Nowornever said:

They are trying to create more turnover but Odds Surge max bet $100. 

Piss weak.

Actually best thing is we arent getting the shite racing from overseas!

Yes the Bookies are weak, place odds are crazy short they wont get punters offloading with their unders on offer!

Interestingly, Greg O'Connor left Trackside as he didn't want to be in the studio, now he has a job in the studio.

On a completely different note, as it seems very little in today's news for the south one would hope HRNZ don't shuffle money from Forbury Park to fund other areas.

• Like 3

Can Entain please advise us where the horses are going to come from for the midweek meetings at Cambridge??

They are dreaming Jonesy if they think they are going to have enough horses to run a semi successful meeting!

There are just not enough owners and horses, end of storey, but they will learn!

Be interesting to see what the turnover is for this first Friday Night Lights presentation?

Tote pools appear to be pretty small but who knows how much is going on the Fixed odds, would ned to be plenty or they are in trouble!!!

Posted (edited)

I also wonder what Entains vision is for the radio frequency they bought back, maybe simulcasting Friday nights on radio could be a goer, I've noticed recently they have a lot less commentary of sport these days, I think they are still tied up with SENZ for a period of time, what makes things hard for SENZ in Australia is that they compete with the ABC who also broadcast NRL, Cricket and AFL, Senz also have content from the UK from talksport who are rivals of the BBC, they both compete with live commentary of sport.

I've always said there is room for a proper sports station in NZ, despite most media having great struggles these days, would be very interesting to know how many tune in to sports radio, or for that matter watch Trackside,  I would say for both radio and TV the numbers might not be massive but would think they would be hard-core supporters.

Everything Entain does all comes down to income as in turnover, time will tell where all this ends up.

Edited by mikeynz

Posted (edited)
1 hour ago, mikeynz said:

I also wonder what Entains vision is for the radio frequency they bought back, maybe simulcasting Friday nights on radio could be a goer, I've noticed recently they have a lot less commentary of sport these days, I think they are still tied up with SENZ for a period of time, what makes things hard for SENZ in Australia is that they compete with the ABC who also broadcast NRL, Cricket and AFL, Senz also have content from the UK from talksport who are rivals of the BBC, they both compete with live commentary of sport.

I've always said there is room for a proper sports station in NZ, despite most media having great struggles these days, would be very interesting to know how many tune in to sports radio, or for that matter watch Trackside,  I would say for both radio and TV the numbers might not be massive but would think they would be hard-core supporters.

Everything Entain does all comes down to income as in turnover, time will tell where all this ends up.

They are chucking plenty in to  advertising on TV trying to get new punters, and maybe it will work and maybe it will not?

Going to be interesting what spin they put on it, but personally believe that they would be far better off looking after their EXISTING CLIENTS by retaining them and encouraging their wagering rather than by trying to drive them away!

The tote pools especially the place pools look pretty feeble to what they used to be!

Who wouldve thought when they are not posting them on Trackside, it is just so diabolically stupid that they stopped this.

New punters would be more attracted and more likely to wager if they were showing the place dividends, as no point just having the win as there is often so much difference.

News to Entain, that not everyone is interested in betting on a horse to win!

Edited by Brodie

12 hours ago, Nowornever said:

They are trying to create more turnover but Odds Surge max bet $100. 

Piss weak.

I am sure the F/Os pricing is getting far worse, especially when they offer odds surge options. 
Very few end up paying more than tote result

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Newmarket said:

I am sure the F/Os pricing is getting far worse, especially when they offer odds surge options. 
Very few end up paying more than tote result

The place odds they offer now mostly give very little to get enthused over.

It is a matter of taking what you can get as long as it is worthwhile.

Many last night that were just crazy unders and not worth any risk.

Sunday meetings are a far better better proposition than the Friday nights!

While Entain claim viewers on  Saturday afternoons it would be interesting to know how many people actually watch or on Fridag nights, Sundays etc etc.

I personally don't know many who watch horse racing,

Seems to me based on reports of viewing numbers for sports going free to air numbers bump up plenty as opposed to being behind a pay wall.

As for trackside it is weird they don't have place odds or results either, for most those 2 things go hand in hand.

• Champ Post 1