Bit Of A Yarn

Idoms round 2

41 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Pretty skinny odds tonight, but I fancy San Carlo to park outside wrappers delight and wear it down @ $5 and Joe's star of Mia  with its sprinting speed to lead and be hard to run down@ $8 

Sticking with Motu Meteor in that. Good run for 4th and drawn well to take up a prominent position, interesting race this one.

And Pats Delight, just wins from there, tough horse can't see past him .

And of course , hoping Monty can get a drag up and get close in his heat to add to his points .Tough from out there over the mile but he is if nothing else a gritty sort. Good times

25 minutes ago, globederby12 said:

Sticking with Motu Meteor in that. Good run for 4th and drawn well to take up a prominent position, interesting race this one.

And of course , hoping Monty can get a drag up and get close in his heat to add to his points .Tough from out there over the mile but he is if nothing else a gritty sort. Good times

I see Monty $17ff but as you say visitors draw, at least a chance for a place as he will keep running! Good luck with your runners tonight Rees.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, globederby12 said:

Nice run by Monty python, pats delight, spankem ,tiger Tara and Cruz bromac in the final heat....I see Audi hare ran  2nd to Cruz bromac and to think he was going through the motions a few years ago running in the claimer series at forbury, Aussies can certainly turn around average kiwi horses!

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, Flagship uberalles said:

Nice run by Monty python, pats delight, spankem ,tiger Tara and Cruz bromac in the final heat....I see Audi hare ran  2nd to Cruz bromac and to think he was going through the motions a few years ago running in the claimer series at forbury, Aussies can certainly turn around average kiwi horses!

So much for sticking with with Motu Meteor for a place at nice odds. 

Pats Delight went within a whisker of the track record on his ear. 

And good run by Monty from our there , kept on trucking, but Kyvalley Blur the eyeopener after the first night's effort. 

• Champ Post 1

As an update to Montys run. The poor horse has been unlucky as it transpires . Kyvalley Blur clipped his back wheel as they turned for home and punctured his wheel. Ants reckoned he would have run 2nd or 3rd at that stage ,but he trucked on up the straight pulling a blown wheel. And now he has drawn out in the car park again for the 3rd heat, cant win sometimes .

Being over 2550 mtrs at least he will be able to get into it at some stage , and he backs up pretty well on hard racing.

And being a dedicated fan and having my TAB account well looked after by him, moneys on Pats Delight in the Final . (barring accidents). 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, globederby12 said:

As an update to Montys run. The poor horse has been unlucky as it transpires . Kyvalley Blur clipped his back wheel as they turned for home and punctured his wheel. Ants reckoned he would have run 2nd or 3rd at that stage ,but he trucked on up the straight pulling a blown wheel. And now he has drawn out in the car park again for the 3rd heat, cant win sometimes .

Being over 2550 mtrs at least he will be able to get into it at some stage , and he backs up pretty well on hard racing.

And being a dedicated fan and having my TAB account well looked after by him, moneys on Pats Delight in the Final . (barring accidents). 

That's bad luck, just needs an even run to qualify, his turn to get a good draw come final time.

• Like 1