Bit Of A Yarn

TABCORP PARK MELTON

I have been there once. It was a mission to get there as it is in the middle of nowhere. Made for TV racetrack but it is modern though very small. Doubt you could accommodate a big crowd there. The night I was there the horses looked to be presented poorly in the first few races but got a bit better as the night progressed. It surprised me how poor actually  and thought no wonder Kiwi horses clean up when they go over there.

Has anyone been to the other ID Heat tracks of Cranbourne or Ballarat? Any good?

What about the rest of the courses in Aussie? Any worth visiting?

7 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

I have been there once. It was a mission to get there as it is in the middle of nowhere. Made for TV racetrack but it is modern though very small. Doubt you could accommodate a big crowd there. The night I was there the horses looked to be presented poorly in the first few races but got a bit better as the night progressed. It surprised me how poor actually  and thought no wonder Kiwi horses clean up when they go over there.

Has anyone been to the other ID Heat tracks of Cranbourne or Ballarat? Any good?

Definitely Gloucester park worth visiting, great spectator track, good crowds. I would have said before that Harold park, but that's gone and menangle has no atmosphere a long way out like Melton and not my cup of tea rather watch races on the telly than go there.

• Like 2

13 hours ago, Happy Sunrise said:

Hi Happy, been to Melton and Ballarat.  Enjoyed Melton, and thought the track was great and downstairs publice facitlies very good but as you say not much room for a large crowd, only a few hunded seats upstairs and had to run up each race or watch on the grass where most came out of the public area. But good racing and good track to watch at. Stayed thenight at Melton and not a bad wee town and only half an hour from Melbourne.

Ballaat was the other end of the scale. The worst track I have been to in Australasia for facitlites. Paid to have a window table and food. Had to walk 50 meters to bar and only two operators open and they were the same distance away. Ok track to watch from, close to the action but lighting not as good as melton so wouldnt bother going but comes across as good on TV. On the other hand Ballarat town is a great spot to visit and stay, old historic buildings and lovely cafes.

Havnt been to Cranbourne but other track I enjoyed are, Albion Park and Redcliff, both good viewing, GPark great viewing and good facitities and Pinjara well woth a visit if in WA. Very good track with good facities for a country track.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1