Bit Of A Yarn

Update: Cole SPCA Investigation

That Girl

I received a phone call from SPCA updating me on the current state of play with the Cole SPCA investigation (because I'm a witness/former worker who has given a statement).

- the investigation is over.

- all evidence/info is with their Lawyers assessing the next step, whether they have enough to lay charges, what charges they might lay etc.

- next update expected by Feb.

- the investigator said he 'couldn't tell me whether he was confident or not'

He then went on to bemoan the fact that some witnesses had refused to give an official statement or withdrawn their original statements and/or have stated they are not willing to speak up in court should it get that far.

I must say by the end of the conversation I wasnt feeling overly confident that this will go any further, despite a 2 year investigation!! Maybe I'm wrong, fingers crossed I am for those of us that want to see justice for the good people of greyhound racing.

• Champ Post 2

It's my belief that GRNZ & the RIU are chomping at the bit & ready to move,  once the SPCA proceeding are complete, be that after a trial or a dropped investigation.

If the RIU or GRNZ ultimately screw up their case, as they have a history of doing, I'm picking that Aaron & his cronies will fill Winston's so full of partially true statements, Winston will be forced to do something, and not the something anyone on here wants.

I'd like nothing better to see the alleged rat bags get locked up. In my mind they are guilty. It's also my belief they have been guilty of the same violation for many years.

The sport needs to be cleaned up or it will be wound up....

• Champ Post 1

1 hour ago, Aussie aussie aussie said:

If the live baiting fails,the dead baiting carn't fail unless grnz and the riu do not go ahead with it.

In my opinion, there is nothing wrong with dead baiting, this was always bullshit. Dead baiting was an over reaction by idiots at the NZGRA to appease activists. I said at the beginning, this investigation is going nowhere unless witnesses were willing to back up video evidence. Still photos prove nothing. As I said at the beginning, it could of been granny's old fur coat being tied on the lure as far as acceptable evidence in a court of law. It needed eye witness accounts to back up the allegation that it was a live animal being tied to the lure. Using a dead animal on the lure is quiet acceptable in my mind, example, shot rabbit, road kill possum etc. In fact, picking up road kills saves beautiful hawks from being killed by cars that are feeding on the carcass's.

This live kill business has been going on for far to long. I go back to Black Anabus that was brought out here from Australia to contest the Silver Collar earlier this century. It was said it was fined tuned to jump from the boxes with live kills at the sound of a particular cell phone ring tone. The handler at the time was loading the dog in the boxes when somebody would ring their cell phone making the dog think she was getting another live kill. This case brought about the cell phone ban on the track after many months of lobbying those in power. No need to say who the trainer was of Black Anabus.

• 3 months later...