Bit Of A Yarn

Bigtime Liam

JasonMc

Got to feel for any punter who backed this former high graded dog in a class 1 race. Finished a distant last on 31 december at palmy cleared of injury lines up few days later and yes you guessed it tailed out again, punters burned .

Also poor form on commentators part too busy at the beach so didnt do homework and labels it as a sure thing as well.

True but also he was told by presenters that the Cole kennel wouldn’t be lining it up if it wasn’t right .id say it injuryed it self yesterday like it reads . No one would put it round knowing it was injured. To me this dog has to be near the top 3 going into the bend to have a chance if you watch the replay half pie pulled up going around corners but go going up the straights. The presenter and commentators should be there to read the dogs form line,tote, aftermath and call the race. Nothing else . Funny most of the time they get it wrong or label 5 dogs a chance in a 8 dog field. There top pick for the day is normally a fav. 

2 hours ago, Honestly said:

True but also he was told by presenters that the Cole kennel wouldn’t be lining it up if it wasn’t right .id say it injuryed it self yesterday like it reads . No one would put it round knowing it was injured. To me this dog has to be near the top 3 going into the bend to have a chance if you watch the replay half pie pulled up going around corners but go going up the straights. The presenter and commentators should be there to read the dogs form line,tote, aftermath and call the race. Nothing else . Funny most of the time they get it wrong or label 5 dogs a chance in a 8 dog field. There top pick for the day is normally a fav. 

Dont get me wrong i never said team cole would knowingly put a dog around injuried but feel for the punters.

Also doesnt  reading formlines include past runs so unsure where you were going with that statement?

Studio presenter did warn punters so maybe dont feel so bad for them on second thought

Tounge Up the cheeks

• Tounge Up the cheeks
  • Members
  • 6 posts

What about Race 7 and the HOTTIE  Bigtime Liam?  Have a look at this boys run. He was struggling to say the least. Sent to the vet but no conclusion mentioned in the report     ( Whiterod at his best)   Why wasnt he not swabbed and the betting pattern of Brazil Cambara not checked.... ?  

The fact that this poor bloody dog went so poorly on the 31st at Palmy and was allowed to start at Wanganui yesterday is a disgraceful shame (at least without  a thorough pre race check) Liam once again struggled to perform and another vet check revealed fatigue and muscle sorness  front and back  , Could this be in part why Gavin Whiterod is heading for cover and is due to DEPART  shortly... Cole claims he is a checker supreme and after selling Bigtime Pete for a reported $63 K is not short on funds.. So why start this previous open class galloper at all?       Retire him please   

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Could this be in part why Gavin Whiterod is heading for cover and is due to DEPART  shortly...

Stewards tend to go into hiding or disappear, when their previous indiscretions begin to catch up with them.

The inconsistencies that some individual Stewards show can be blatantly obvious. These I believe are these are playing in to the downfall in this instance.

I've been contributing to the food chain, which is now on his coat tails, for several years now & the stars seem to be finally starting to line up.

I believe the pressure began to really heat up after this race...

07/09/18 Stewards report ~ Judicial report: BLAZIN' AUDREY stood down for marring in race 10 ( refer judical ) Wanganui greyhound report 14-9-2018

14/09/18 Stewards Report ~ Judicial report: Under the auspices of rule ( 11.1b ) the Stewards reviewed the racing manners of ( BLAZIN' AUDREY ) during the running of race 10 at the Wanganui Greyhound Racing Club meeting on the 7-9-2018. BLAZIN' AUDREY marred the running of another runner on the home turn and has now been stood down rule ( 55.1a ) marring with a 28 day stand down and to the completion of a satisfactory trial. BLAZIN' AUDREY has had a previous stand down for marring in Australia on the 22-6-2017 and since completing a Satisfactory trial had raced 23 times in Australia and New Zealand without transgressing the rules. The representative for the Cole kennels made submissions to the Stewards regarding the endorsement in Australia - in that the Kennels were not aware of the stand down when the dog was imported as no information was forwarded to them or the Stewards. The Stewards have accepted the submission that had the kennels been made aware of the stand down they would have applied under rule ( 55 .7 ) to have the endorsement cancelled on the completion of 10 clear runs- which would have cleared the first endorsement off the dogs record. The Stewards after making enquires are satisfied that the kennels have applied in recent times for cancellation of endorsements and the stand down now imposed is treated as a ( 1st offence ).

6 hours ago, JasonMc said:

Dont get me wrong i never said team cole would knowingly put a dog around injuried but feel for the punters.

Also doesnt  reading formlines include past runs so unsure where you were going with that statement?

Studio presenter did warn punters so maybe dont feel so bad for them on second thought

Nope never said that no one in there right mind would put a dog around knowing it has an injury punt or no punt just doesn’t make sense. Yes reading the form line includes past runs but do we really need their 5 cents worth ? Some and I won’t name them callers and presenters are very disrespectful to owners and or trainers and to me it’s uncalled for.

1 hour ago, Tounge Up the cheeks said:

Tounge Up the cheeks

• Tounge Up the cheeks
  • Members
  • 6 posts

What about Race 7 and the HOTTIE  Bigtime Liam?  Have a look at this boys run. He was struggling to say the least. Sent to the vet but no conclusion mentioned in the report     ( Whiterod at his best)   Why wasnt he not swabbed and the betting pattern of Brazil Cambara not checked.... ?  

The fact that this poor bloody dog went so poorly on the 31st at Palmy and was allowed to start at Wanganui yesterday is a disgraceful shame (at least without  a thorough pre race check) Liam once again struggled to perform and another vet check revealed fatigue and muscle sorness  front and back  , Could this be in part why Gavin Whiterod is heading for cover and is due to DEPART  shortly... Cole claims he is a checker supreme and after selling Bigtime Pete for a reported $63 K is not short on funds.. So why start this previous open class galloper at all?       Retire him please   

Your a champ mate 

My New Years Wish was to not post anymore and get on with My Life...      However,  WELFARE...INTEGRITY... Vital !!    ... and Scotty Wallis ..... Don't take Whiterods  job please      apart from the fact you are a cheat  (FACT)  you are being used.!!.   It has been KNOWN for a long time that there were ROTTEN eggs in the Henhouse and Like Godber who  can't barbeque sausages    Crooked hens cant lay pure eggs. Maybe Winston needs to take control as the Henhouse is his responsibility  and  starts with him.  The Head of the Perch is Looking very unstable,   Racing needs to regain Integrity and Common Sense and it needs Reviewing NOW.... and completely overhauling.... Now is the chance for all Codes to stop being so Complacent and realise this or suffer and not complain  .. I would like to mention finally my feelings for the dog that died in the kennels at Forbury under the careful eye of the Vet In charge.