Bit Of A Yarn

Fine and Fast.... haha

On the TAB website they have weather and track conditions for tonight's big Derby meeting at the Park as FINE and FAST...really?

So pissing down for the last few hours is regarded by the TAB as FINE and despite all the rain, the track is FAST. Nice. No problem. Track conditions have never tripped up horses in the past, especially top horses in big money races :) 

Unsure if they are lazy, deceptive or incompetent. Perhaps all three. 

Come on TAB. Your site is bad enough without bullshitting people.

Was tempted to go tonight but the prospect of the caller wanking on about THE WIZARD, THE ICEMAN, THE MAGIC MAN and of course THE CHIEF would have resulted in me throwing one of my grandson's soiled nappies and the callers box. I'd also have to throw one at nauseating Mick Guerin the moment he started pouting and licking MP's bum. Safer for all concerned if I stay home and watch the races on the tele :) 

• Like 4

7 minutes ago, Rangatira said:

deceptive

You're probably correct. We all know that a slushy track can be a big leveler with the brilliant horses most disadvantaged. As stupid as they can be, the TAB know only too well that many big punters especially put their cue back in the rack once the rain impacts on the track. With their no bet cancellation policy, you could have big $$ on a hot pot that may well despise a slushy track. In most other contracts you'd have a case for a refund as you took the wager in good faith based on the TAB's totally false and misleading weather and track conditions. 

I hope the rain clears up but it's been raining solid in our area for several hours now. Our lawn has some flooding. Impressive for FINE weather :)