Bit Of A Yarn

Wanganui Club Meeting Tonight

Cockyaleg

There is to be a SGM at the Wanganui track tonight at 7pm. A member has shared the agenda with me and I will be interested to hear how this plays out given recent events. From all accounts, the club could easily be described as totally dysfunctional, the shiny facade masking a significant level of discontent and resentment which appears to be fostered by board alliances and behaviour. A club cannot be successful without the full backing of its membership steered by a leader who is willing to engage in inclusive dialogue. Hopefully, tonight's meeting will herald positive change.

4 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

There is to be a SGM at the Wanganui track tonight at 7pm. A member has shared the agenda with me and I will be interested to hear how this plays out given recent events. From all accounts, the club could easily be described as totally dysfunctional, the shiny facade masking a significant level of discontent and resentment which appears to be fostered by board alliances and behaviour. A club cannot be successful without the full backing of its membership steered by a leader who is willing to engage in inclusive dialogue. Hopefully, tonight's meeting will herald positive change.

Post the agenda

I can speculate for you.

• The will be less injured greyhounds for smaller trainers going forward (because one kennel dominating nominations is expected to continue well into the future thus keeping the small trainers dogs off the track)
  • It's been a couple of months now, so the new health & safety measures will be ignored/forgotten.
  • A new neon "Chemist" sign is to be erected in the trainers parking area.
  • Negations are underway between the clubs largest trainer and the short listed potentials to become the front line CD Steward.

CORRUPT-669514.jpg.7c570b6c0d0b3a328dac12e50dee411e.jpg

• Haha 3

How did they get on with the new trial rules?? Any hand slips allowed or still all box trials? I must say I've never seen a club managed in this way regarding line up, scan your dog fill out a form etc. Interesting. Is it working in your opinion or just a power crazy thing as that's the way the club tends to run? What are they gaining in doing this? 

Don't be silly enough to rely on hear-say information found on a forum.

All the track information anyone needs to know is posted on the WGRC website.

https://www.wanganuigreyhounds.co.nz/track-information/

(Yes I realize it takes you to an empty page)

Well done WGRC. Your website claims to be copyrighted in 2014.... After 5 years maybe you should consider actually using it or cancel your website hosting service & use the saved funds to overthrow your club president in your next undercover operation. 

I attended trials a few weeks back when I was up at wanganui. It was organised chaos. Ticket system and we had to wait for our turn which was 50 odd minutes after arriving to trial. Hopefully they have sorted a better system now