Bit Of A Yarn

Bit of a yarn

Trevor

Hello all . I have been a follower of greyhound racing for some time and have been following this forum along with racecafe also for sometime , I’ve seen racecafe go down hill on the greyhound side and I’m witnessing this forum go the same way if not worse .how childish some of these post/threads are is unbelievable ludicrous. I do understand greyhound racing is in some testing times at present and I do understand there is a lot of anger by what is currently unfolding. Now I’m not posting to be judge or jury I’m not here to say who is guilty or not guilty, but come on people pull your heads in . The animal activists are sitting back watching this unfold they don’t need to do a thing when you people on here are posting ridiculous statements. I understand a few details about greyhound racing in fact it’s the same with an form of racing, it’s the same in ways farming, driving a car down to the shops and in general terms LIFE . There is always going to be people with different views and opinions it does not mean they are right or wrong and it doesn’t mean YOU are Always right. Every greyhound can NOT be saved every greyhound can NOT be re homed . At this point the greyhound industry is await an investigation about a greyhound trainer I’ve seen the photos as they have been on here, I have not made judgment that’s for the courts now that’s not saying I agree but in New Zealand you are innocent until proven guilty. Now remember the people doing this investigation are the SPCA as I understand I no first hand how many animals they re home and how many unfortunately don’t make it again that’s life . Pointing the finger at other owners and trainer making up ludicrous story’s , using non de plume, interference with peoples life’s is outright outrageous and you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Someone on here put if the All Blacks had a positive in the World Cup they would be outed well it would depend on what country but if it was in New Zealand where we are then this would not be the case they would go through the same court process as what is taken place innocent until proven guilty. I think greyhound racing New Zealand has made the right call and I think everyone within the industry should be backing them instead of going against them. Trevor.

• Like 1

Please read it would go through the correct process so there would be a chance he could play. Or he may not . I ask you this what if someone sent a photo to the authorities with what looks like him engaging in a detrimental act ? 

Edited by Trevor

Trevor, there was anger 18 months ago when the SPCA investigation began and participants were told, "We can't move until the SPCA has concluded their investigation." Well, the investigation has now concluded. A statement has been made which basically read "we are in the dark." Surely you would make a few phone calls to the appropriate people and turn the lights on, would you not? The court date was available through the Palmerston North District Court on the same day the statement was made. Calls from various political groups have called for GR to be shut down. I don't think you have any idea what effect this situation has had on participants. 

The AB analogy was a poor choice, there have been a number of indiscretions that were dealt with immediately with players being stood down pending investigations. Our court system locks people up, sometimes for years before a case comes to court. That makes a mockery of innocent until proven guilty. How many people do you think are in custody awaiting trial? In the Australian LB scandal, industry and SPCA investigations ran parallel. I agree that some comments go too far. As for the activists, they will say and do whatever suits their agenda. They have a history of making it up.

17 minutes ago, Trevor said:

Please read it would go through the correct process so there would be a chance he could play. Or he may not . I ask you this what if someone sent a photo to the authorities with what looks like him engaging in a detrimental act ? 

Name one AB who played next game ?cctv of kiwis captain an second rower from the storm might be an example detrimental act stood down immediately 

48 minutes ago, Cockyaleg said:

Trevor, there was anger 18 months ago when the SPCA investigation began and participants were told, "We can't move until the SPCA has concluded their investigation." Well, the investigation has now concluded. A statement has been made which basically read "we are in the dark." Surely you would make a few phone calls to the appropriate people and turn the lights on, would you not? The court date was available through the Palmerston North District Court on the same day the statement was made. Calls from various political groups have called for GR to be shut down. I don't think you have any idea what effect this situation has had on participants. 

The AB analogy was a poor choice, there have been a number of indiscretions that were dealt with immediately with players being stood down pending investigations. Our court system locks people up, sometimes for years before a case comes to court. That makes a mockery of innocent until proven guilty. How many people do you think are in custody awaiting trial? In the Australian LB scandal, industry and SPCA investigations ran parallel. I agree that some comments go too far. As for the activists, they will say and do whatever suits their agenda. They have a history of making it up.

I do agree the all black analogy was poor, I’m sure we can move on. I also agree here in nz we move slowly and it may be our down fall but it is what it is due process have to be made time will tell if that is the right call. One always must have an open mind . The panel with decide the ultimate future and in that I trust the correct decision will be made. Trevor 

11 minutes ago, Four shaw said:

Trev since you asked me a question what did you see when viewing photos at the coles?

Thanks. I’m sorry but I will not voice my opinion on the matter as I do not have the all the facts in front of me . 

Members of BOAY did not have blood & hair samples from the lure arm in Coles bullring DNA tested.

The SPCA did have & have filed 7 charges of Animal Cruelty against Brendon.

The SPCA has spoken. Brendon/Lisa/Craig haven't, other than their claims of jealousy.

I have no doubt in my mind if he's guilty or not. The question in my mind is will it be proven in a court of law. Even if that threshold isn't met, the balance of probability will weigh heavy on the guilty side, when it gets to the JCA.

18 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Members of BOAY did not have blood & hair samples from the lure arm in Coles bullring DNA tested.

The SPCA did have & have filed 7 charges of Animal Cruelty against Brendon.

The SPCA has spoken. Brendon/Lisa/Craig haven't, other than their claims of jealousy.

I have no doubt in my mind if he's guilty or not. The question in my mind is will it be proven in a court of law. Even if that threshold isn't met, the balance of probability will weigh heavy on the guilty side, when it gets to the JCA.

The guy didn’t follow the rules thinking he was above them that’s where he is today SPCA has spoken don’t think they jealous in meantime everyone suffers got to be wrong

1 hour ago, Mehe said:

It wasn't that long ago cole was running around saying he was taking the SPCA to court he dont have to now  they are taking him fun as that 

He actually said he was going to sue everyone, the GRNZ, the SPCA, and whoever was responsible for the photos. Also had a major rant when the new animal welfare rules came into effect,  maybe he was going to sue MPI and our welfare officer as well. Who knows. Always has plenty to say does our Brendan, not to keen on anyone else's opinion though.

On 13/04/2019 at 8:09 PM, Trevor said:

Hello all . I have been a follower of greyhound racing for some time and have been following this forum along with racecafe also for sometime , I’ve seen racecafe go down hill on the greyhound side and I’m witnessing this forum go the same way if not worse .how childish some of these post/threads are is unbelievable ludicrous. I do understand greyhound racing is in some testing times at present and I do understand there is a lot of anger by what is currently unfolding. Now I’m not posting to be judge or jury I’m not here to say who is guilty or not guilty, but come on people pull your heads in . The animal activists are sitting back watching this unfold they don’t need to do a thing when you people on here are posting ridiculous statements. I understand a few details about greyhound racing in fact it’s the same with an form of racing, it’s the same in ways farming, driving a car down to the shops and in general terms LIFE . There is always going to be people with different views and opinions it does not mean they are right or wrong and it doesn’t mean YOU are Always right. Every greyhound can NOT be saved every greyhound can NOT be re homed . At this point the greyhound industry is await an investigation about a greyhound trainer I’ve seen the photos as they have been on here, I have not made judgment that’s for the courts now that’s not saying I agree but in New Zealand you are innocent until proven guilty. Now remember the people doing this investigation are the SPCA as I understand I no first hand how many animals they re home and how many unfortunately don’t make it again that’s life . Pointing the finger at other owners and trainer making up ludicrous story’s , using non de plume, interference with peoples life’s is outright outrageous and you should be absolutely ashamed of yourselves. Someone on here put if the All Blacks had a positive in the World Cup they would be outed well it would depend on what country but if it was in New Zealand where we are then this would not be the case they would go through the same court process as what is taken place innocent until proven guilty. I think greyhound racing New Zealand has made the right call and I think everyone within the industry should be backing them instead of going against them. Trevor.

There are many passionate people in the industry are frustrated, annoyed and F***ed off by what has and is happening. The frustration is there for all to read but loses impetus when what appears to be the same person with several different pseudonyms repeats themselves over and over again and over again moving the argument from a centred "this isn't right and needs to be fixed" to a personal issue not only with the Coles but the NZGRA board. The venom that they espouse isn't healthy to themselves or the code and unfortunately reflects poorly on many of the participants as a snapshot of who the code are.

The glacial speed at which the board appears to move on issues of national importance at times beggars belief, however, this needs to be counted with due process and natural justice. Let's not forget the Cole family will be lawyered up, they have had a lot of time to prepare for the inevitable and no doubt will be looking at every potential scenario to enable them to continue in the industry - anyone in the same position would - but this doesn't make it right. There is no reason why the RIU cannot commence their own investigations, one would hope that this has already commenced, but I doubt it. There are more questions than answers currently around the charges. Timeframes and who the license holders were at the time will be critical - remember the SPCA case will be around cruelty - and live baiting - the dead baiting issue is unlikely to form part of the SPCA prosecution and will need to be separately investigated by the RIU. 

Several are claiming let's sack the board, who would you replace them with?

What would be the criteria and after reading the various social media sites - who would actually want to be a board member? - this is the type of discussion that the participants should be having. One person irrespective of how great they are is unlikely to have an influence on the decision-making process of the board, however, several people with strength and a clear direction can - further to that it is unlikely that anyone outside of the board will influence change, so change must occur from within.

Now is the time for the participants to unite, push back at those that believe yesterday's practices are ok today,  push back at those that believe the product makers (greyhounds) are easily-dispensable items and get some robust legislation and reform around controlling the numbers and sorting out the mess in an expedient manner. 

Society has changed and to be honest, the code hasn't wanted to. What was acceptable 20 years ago is no longer and the code like all similar industries needs to prove itself to be socially acceptable in the bubble in which it now exists. This will not be easy but I am optimistic that if the right people could get into the right places this could occur....

the code just needs to find the right people.

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1