Bit Of A Yarn

Lochinvar Flash - Awesome Quality

Possum

3 minutes ago, Kiwigreys said:

How many times did the 8 dog turn it’s head? Looks like it was trying to do a Mike Tyson on the inside dog ??

Exactly.. and I'm unsure what the hell awesome quality was upto on the top bend..  lol.. dancing?

5 minutes ago, Kiwigreys said:

How many times did the 8 dog turn it’s head? Looks like it was trying to do a Mike Tyson on the inside dog ??

Oh and apparently it cramped and recovered quickly.. vet checked straight after the race and name rubbed off the board.. 

46 minutes ago, Yankiwi said:

Can anyone find Lochinvar Flash?

image.thumb.png.7de5fc0dbf709995648784e1a2c27fc9.png

Awesome Quality needs to have a drug test. If the #5 or #3 were a police cruiser, the #1 would get pulled over in a heart beat for erratic driving.

image.thumb.png.a2f58419afd976b91fd97624934b0517.png

Does the 3 have its head turned aswell ? Lol

I watched the race on the telly with another senior trainer, so like many others had the benefit of replays. The dog marred. We both saw a holiday on the agenda. I have yet to see a dog cramp that is able to keep up with a field, and definitely not one able to contest a podium finish for a 100 m's. Cramp ties up muscle effectively preventing a dog from fully stretching out. How he gets away with this BS time and time again astounds me.

• Like 1
  • Champ Post 1

3 hours ago, Cockyaleg said:

I watched the race on the telly with another senior trainer, so like many others had the benefit of replays. The dog marred. We both saw a holiday on the agenda. I have yet to see a dog cramp that is able to keep up with a field, and definitely not one able to contest a podium finish for a 100 m's. Cramp ties up muscle effectively preventing a dog from fully stretching out. How he gets away with this BS time and time again astounds me.

Give Gavin his weekly envelope and you too can get away with anything

Guest CrossCodes
46 minutes ago, Ami Levrier said:

Hey..... you lot who gave me the Spanish Inquisition over my dogs indescretion a few weeks ago ... Von Luckner aka Teddy where are all the questions to The Faheys over He's Scandalous  race 1 yesterday made Ted look like a Choir Boy and not a word said......

Have just gone and watched a replay of the race in question, and yes that dog hopefully will never be seen on the track again.

One of the worst cases of marring I have seen, I feel for the connections of the dog it attacked as it was lucky to come away with its life.

And this imported dodgy dog will now take the place on a rehoming list (maybe?) taking the spot of someone else’s dog, another reason why the proposed import fee for $2000 should go ahead as connections might think twice about sending dogs with tickets over again.

1 hour ago, Ami Levrier said:

Hey..... you lot who gave me the Spanish Inquisition over my dogs indescretion a few weeks ago ... Von Luckner aka Teddy where are all the questions to The Faheys over He's Scandalous  race 1 yesterday made Ted look like a Choir Boy and not a word said......

Telling the corrupt they are corrupt is a pointless exercise. Their practices are so deeply entrenched in them, they believe they are doing the right things. The top dog is a prime example of this type of behaviour (careful of any comments about any of this if you're an LP).

I've heard that the RIU turned up at Lane/Wales kennel some time ago & Mr. Fahey went running bush. Was rumoured he took his needle along for the hike. Now the other half of the training team is on the GRNZ board. If anyone knows what will get past the RIU swab testing, when the RIU is going to pay them a visit, when the RIU is going to start cracking down on some rule, or whatever else you can imagine, who would be in the know any better than a GRNZ board member.

It's clearly an unfair advantage & they receive a pretty decent pay packet for gaining that advantage.

Yesterday, the Steward put the dog out. In my opinion the dog has no right to be back on the track. The number of times these dodgy dogs have gone off as red-hot favourites & acted in such manner is surprising. How many will it take to scare the remaining punters away? This one ran for the hills quite some time ago & I won't be going back for another dose.

• Like 2
  • Haha 1

Thanks Charles but I was in no way trying to get at the trainers with my comments. They were directed at the 2 clowns who felt they had the right to interrogate me but would not have the balls to do so to someone who is way further up the food chain than I will ever be. Personally, I will never forget their effort to bring Dream Collector back from a broken hock to win the 2015 732m Kingston Cup that race gave me chills in the same league as Lord Module winning the 1981 Allan Matson free for all. Awesome.

• Like 3

13 hours ago, CrossCodes said:

Have just gone and watched a replay of the race in question, and yes that dog hopefully will never be seen on the track again.

One of the worst cases of marring I have seen, I feel for the connections of the dog it attacked as it was lucky to come away with its life.

And this imported dodgy dog will now take the place on a rehoming list (maybe?) taking the spot of someone else’s dog, another reason why the proposed import fee for $2000 should go ahead as connections might think twice about sending dogs with tickets over again.

This is the very reason the $2000 fee needs to be in place ,  these imports  that come over from Australia are not sent over to To NZ to extend there life they are sent over where basically there Australian owners can wash there hands of the dogs .

Mostly the imports are ticketed so why subject NZ dogs too this bullshit , week in week out this keeps happening .

Out of sight out of mind and these imports have to stop , feel very sorry for Malcolm Grants just hope it comes back from this . 

Actually the import fee should be $5000

• Like 3

16 hours ago, Ami Levrier said:

Still waiting your answers to my questions Sharon ?

So, I've done a bit of digging on Lochinvar Flash...

From what I understand, this dog is one of the worst non chasers Robbie Smith and Kevin Gordon have ever had in Australia.

The dog was solo trialling in track record times around Richmond and Maitland, but they just couldn't get it to chase when more than one dog was on the track.

Robbie & Kevin then sent it away to someone in Victoria after fighting in every trial with another dog. Apparently that person couldn't get him going either.

From there he's been brought to NZ, running for a leading HANDLER (sorry Brendon, I will not be referring to you as a trainer any longer) in the CD.

Watch this one closely, as it's already become apparent, the crooked caped crusader is going to turn a blind eye to it.

How's that taste top dog?

• 1 month later...
On ‎15‎/‎04‎/‎2019 at 7:11 PM, Yankiwi said:

Can anyone find Lochinvar Flash?

image.thumb.png.7de5fc0dbf709995648784e1a2c27fc9.png

Lochinvar Flash would be home tonight having his dinner, if he was a chaser & not a fighter.

Lucky it was only his ultimate fate that he decided today.

Thanks Australia for another negative stat for greyhound racing in NZ. I hope you're proud of the decision you made to send your mongrel over here.

In the future, keep your shit over there...

Just read the stipes report. Very sad read. Of note, two dogs broke hocks today and I would not wish that on any trainer or owner. Lochinvar Flash and Jinja Flash. Unfortunately for Lochinvar, he was owned and trained by ar$$$$$es! 8 starts for 7 cheques, trained by a kennel who won 2 million last year, and that was not enough to get him a home on a couch after rehabilitation. Jinja, on the other hand, will get the best of care and no doubt will be a fabulous pet in retirement. How do I know this, well the small kennel has a long history of love and care while the large kennel does not. When will this industry man up and stop supporting the greed monsters!???? Not bloody good enough!

• Like 2
  • Champ Post 1

7 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

Lochinvar Flash would be home tonight having his dinner, if he was a chaser & not a fighter.

Lucky it was only his ultimate fate that he decided today.

Thanks Australia for another negative stat for greyhound racing in NZ. I hope you're proud of the decision you made to send your mongrel over here.

In the future, keep your shit over there...

Did anyone see the 3 grab the 2 dogs rug?? What the hell..