Bit Of A Yarn

Sectionals - Wanganui Distance

Dazzer

Sectionals from the Wanganui Distance on Friday night.

As Roso commented, by the time the dogs entered the closing sectional, the race was already over.  

NO. DOG NAME BOX RUN RESULT MARGIN LEADUP MIDDLE CLOSE ADJ TIME
2 Dusty Gambler 2 2111111 1 0 17.65 14.29 12.58 44.52
6 Cristiane Cyborg 6 5322222 2 1.9 17.85 14.33 12.45 44.63
1 Nitehawk Rose 1 1233333 3 7.9 18.07 14.67 12.25 44.99
5 Ring The Bell 5 4544444 4 9.7 18.22 14.72 12.16 45.10
8 Translator 8 3466655 5 10.7 18.32 14.81 12.03 45.16
3 Peekay Shout 3 6677766 6 15.4 18.33 14.89 12.22 45.44
4 Vicki Keeping 4 7745567 7 15.5 18.52 14.74 12.19 45.45
7 Little Bit Funny 7 8888888 8 15.6 18.27 14.83 12.36 45.46
  • Like 2

Thanks YK.  I was happy to provide info on TOS (the other site) but for some reason my attempts to provide freebies or info was considered advertising.  I thought that was short sighted ... it simply meant the members missed out but as they said, their site, they can do what they like.  And they did.

• Like 6

Lets hope translator can get an inside draw in the collar as with run homes like that and the quick backup she is a real chance I feel. What does everyone think on DG backing up 779 week on week? could find him out? But cant knock a trainer like Karen though as she knows what is needed

Edited by Bigjay

It's a good point and an example of the value of the sectionals in throwing up info like this.  DG certainly improved from the heats but based on the sectionals from the heats and the final, his closing sectional is by far his weakest.  So it does make you wonder if he got a worse draw or an impeded start whether it makes him vulnerable to a backmarker/swooper.  

That said, he's won four from four in NZ and it's hard to do better than that and to be fair I tend to have a sweet spot for front runners from a punting pov.

3 hours ago, Dazzer said:

It's a good point and an example of the value of the sectionals in throwing up info like this.  DG certainly improved from the heats but based on the sectionals from the heats and the final, his closing sectional is by far his weakest.  So it does make you wonder if he got a worse draw or an impeded start whether it makes him vulnerable to a backmarker/swooper.  

That said, he's won four from four in NZ and it's hard to do better than that and to be fair I tend to have a sweet spot for front runners from a punting pov.

Stats are AMAZING.  I like the speed maps before each race . I do wonder how first starters get ranked on them as no data to go from though

There is no speed map data provided to the TAB for first starters.  It's a little broader than that too - there's no data for dogs having their first NZ start.  We looked at the option of using qual/trial data but it's not consistently available or reliable.  If you check out the TAB app which is effectively the authoritative data within the TAB system, first starters are given no value.  So any value given to first starters is either a default or the decision of the presentation team. 

To be fair, in most cases first starters are in C0 and there is generally a lot less races analysed and perhaps a lot more inconsistency.

We would love to see sectionals part of the form line too - that's an ongoing discussion and interestingly is something that is relevant across all three codes.

5 minutes ago, Dazzer said:

There is no speed map data provided to the TAB for first starters.  It's a little broader than that too - there's no data for dogs having their first NZ start.  We looked at the option of using qual/trial data but it's not consistently available or reliable.  If you check out the TAB app which is effectively the authoritative data within the TAB system, first starters are given no value.  So any value given to first starters is either a default or the decision of the presentation team. 

To be fair, in most cases first starters are in C0 and there is generally a lot less races analysed and perhaps a lot more inconsistency.

We would love to see sectionals part of the form line too - that's an ongoing discussion and interestingly is something that is relevant across all three codes.

that would be awesome but I guess so much data to take it on screen eg dog leads up in good lead up time but run home slow time how to graphic that?

But awesome work on the speed maps

Cheers for that.  A bit of confusion on my behalf - the sectionals I think would be best suited to the formline rather than the on screen graphics.  I think it would be used more by the pro end of the punters but still is extremely valuable data.

• Like 2