NOTICE TO BOAY'ers: Major Update Coming ×
Bit Of A Yarn

How many Karaka Millions did Liam Birchley win?

Dark Beau

Any comments anyone, given what’s starting to come out at the Smerdon Inquiry?

Birchley, though comes from Queensland, so a long way from Smerdon! (Maybe!)

Queenslanders over the years have proven to be more bent than the foal I got last year that required periostials on both front legs!

I await further evidence and of course your learned comments. 

A very sad episode DB, or a series of them apparently. At least they [the cops] caught them in action [allegedly] and if proven then long sentences one would imagine. I don't know what will happen to LB, though, he was too pissed to remember anything [self admission] and now there are two more [un-named] trainers being referred to, so there is more to come [apparently] 

Smerdon has the best lawyer in Vic, McHenry takes no prisoners but he's pushing it uphill with the evidence being presented by the racing cops......

Personally, I've never seen a case anything like this, it's up there with Fine Cotton, a downright shame that household names are involved too, but then again, so many hard working, honest toilers will be waiting with baited breath to see what the wash up is, as, as has happened before, nothing might come of it, and whatever the outcome, we need an outcome!!!

I am sick of cheats so I hope that the lot are gone for all time. If that includes who I thought was an outstanding trainer in Birchley so be it. 

What pisses me off is that it may have even happened on our soil and genuine people got a fraction of the winnings that they deserved or should have got! 

I obviously have no proof, but where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

A few years ago David Hayes was on record explaining the poor sequence of results he was on by blaming it on the other trainers using questionable drugs, vitamins and processes resulting in many of his horses just getting beaten.

Now for someone like that to be saying it is significant. Like he not going to make conspirational accusations without some good knowledge. These guys have staff members switching stables etc.

Now here in NZ I see some stables similarly having bad runs at times. Just a guess but would say the O'Sullivan family after the water trough saga would have come down hard and point blank banned any treatments before raceday on the stable. Their horses in the parade ring now just don't appear to have that finishing touch compared with a few other stables. Just my observation nothing else.

On 5/05/2018 at 4:33 PM, Dark Beau said:

I am sick of cheats so I hope that the lot are gone for all time. If that includes who I thought was an outstanding trainer in Birchley so be it. 

What pisses me off is that it may have even happened on our soil and genuine people got a fraction of the winnings that they deserved or should have got! 

I obviously have no proof, but where there’s smoke, there’s fire.

You're obviously very sharp.

I doubt it considering they hardly ever do bi-carb testing here.  Although, when Weiry brought his nag over for the Derby, they tested him twice,  just in case he had Smeerdon's "How to Win" text book I guess.

• Like 2

On 4/05/2018 at 8:59 PM, Rowley Mile said:

A very sad episode DB, or a series of them apparently. At least they [the cops] caught them in action [allegedly] and if proven then long sentences one would imagine. I don't know what will happen to LB, though, he was too pissed to remember anything [self admission] and now there are two more [un-named] trainers being referred to, so there is more to come [apparently] 

Smerdon has the best lawyer in Vic, McHenry takes no prisoners but he's pushing it uphill with the evidence being presented by the racing cops......

Personally, I've never seen a case anything like this, it's up there with Fine Cotton, a downright shame that household names are involved too, but then again, so many hard working, honest toilers will be waiting with baited breath to see what the wash up is, as, as has happened before, nothing might come of it, and whatever the outcome, we need an outcome!!!

oh the good old fine cotton i actually told one of the culprits not to try it

• Like 1

Well, we now know the outcome and sentences.....Birchley can count himself lucky, very lucky, only 12 months, a cruise, a meal, a movie and he's landed back on his feet...Gee, he might only have to rent out his boxes at EF, and then pick up the reins so to speak. Smerdon got his just dessert, as did Vasil etc......hopefully we can all get on with life, the Terry Bailey haters will come out of the woodwork now though.

7 hours ago, The Centaur said:

Tony Pike horses scratched in Brisbane because of treatment on the day.

Some other NZ trainers could well take note.

Not on the day at all. 

It was at 5.00am on Friday morning. 

Different rules over there because they can’t trust themselves to behave even within 48 hours!!

JMO

Beau

13 hours ago, Dark Beau said:

Not on the day at all. 

It was at 5.00am on Friday morning. 

Different rules over there because they can’t trust themselves to behave even within 48 hours!!

JMO

Beau

The rules are identical.