Bit Of A Yarn

ROYAL Ascots HERE!!!...

Thomass

..nearly Wednesday early morning!!

Great preview of O'Brain's mob...just get on....

...Oh then there's Pitty and his mob of 'working class' folk....with top hat and tails!!

How good is it the Hoi polloi from the Colonial State of real Colonials...Southern Noi Ziland...

...gets to mix with the Toffs?? Xx

https://ascot.attheraces.com/stable-tours/aidan-o'brien

2 hours ago, Thomass said:

This heading was changed by the Chuff because of his Lutheran upbringing...

I prefer the phonetic ASS KIT...ok Chuff?

As annunciated by the f In Queen...ok?

ASS KIT

I was assisting other BOAY'ERS of a higher literacy to understand what the hell your post was about.

2.40AM our time this Wednesday morn...before sparrows fart and the Princess isn't asking yet...brill

Australian mare Houtzen will start from barrier 11 of 12 in her bid for Royal Ascot glory in the King's Stand Stakes.

Race favourite Battaash has drawn alongside her in the outside gate for the straight track 1000m-sprint on Tuesday (Wednesday AEST) the opening day of the meeting.

Last year's winner Blue Point is on the opposite side of the field in barrier one.

Kerrin McEvoy, who will ride the Toby Edmonds-trained Houtzen, gave the mare a quiet work-out over the weekend.

She is at 25-1 with British bookmakers with Blue Point at 2-1.

Houtzen has had one start on a straight course when ninth of 20, beaten just over four lengths, in the 2017 Coolmore Stud Stakes at Flemington won by Merchant Navy, winner of last year's Diamond Jubilee at Royal Ascot.

The Charlie Appleby-trained Blue Point wore down Battaash last year and has won his three starts in Dubai this year.

Battaash, trained by Charlie Hills, is in similarly fine form after an impressive start to his campaign in last month's Temple Stakes at Haydock.

Hills also saddles up Equilateral who will be ridden by leading Sydney jockey James McDonald.

New Zealander Enzo's Lad is the rank outsider at 50-1 and has barrier nine.

Australian sprinters have won the King's Stand four times, most recently a decade ago with Scenic Blast.

The other winners have been Choisir (2003), Takeover Target (2006) and Miss Andretti (2007).

• Like 1

With Day1 fast approaching,I'm thinking it is my duty to give you BOAYers as much info as possible for one of racing's best 5 consecutive days of racing.

So I thought a reconasence mission is needed!!I head due north-west for 25mins(as the crow flys)arrive at "Askit"yes Askit as only those of us from Surrey and Berkshire are aloud to pronounce it like that!!For all you other ferals its Ascot?.

Under the cover of darkness and lead only by the "moon"? with pentrometer in hand?I proceed to the straight course and penatrate from rail to rail(just for you Thomo).Horses coming up the middle to stand side will have the slight advantage and better going. Track will be riding Good(on the easy side of good)on the Straight track and Good to Soft on the round course(soft around Swinley Bottom:ph34r:)

Track is going to be tricky all week with heavy rain due on Tuesday night and Wednesday so do your homework people.

Mooncoin out:ph34r:

• Like 1

Great work moon...there's nought like a good going stick to bring out the best in things 'transparent'

That means Marty Mcfly Face will be 'gambling' on the rails horses...far side...

....as normal punters will be investing on right up the middle types...like Enzo's Lad...drawn perfectly at 9 to sling shot them...

...as long as he doesn't get behind Oisen...who'll be giving off intoxicating fumes

....always worried about Swindley's soft prosterior to be fear...

Here's the good oil then...good luck and God Speed Pitty!

https://www.punters.com.au/news/royal-ascot-day-1-preview_181154//

Edited by Thomass

22 minutes ago, Thomass said:

The question is...get up at 2.40AM to watch Enzo dick the best We are the North sprinters...or should have stayed in bed??

https://mobile.twitter.com/TonyJohnstone56/status/1140187891076931584

1. “I Shoulda Stood In Bed”—Joe Jacobs (1935)

Joe Jacobs was the prototype of the fast talking cigar chomping fight manager.

Joe Jacobs with Max Schmeling Joe Jacobs with Max Schmeling

Sportswriters loved him as he was always quick with a memorable quote delivered in a staccato New York accent. As described by author David Margolick, Jacobs was “the quintessential Broadway guy, a Damon Runyon character from whom even Damon Runyon, then writing a sports column for the Hearst newspapers, could pick up some pointers.” As a “Broadway guy” Joe invariably slept late but one of the few times he broke

with tradition was when he got out of a sickbed to attend the 1935 World Series between the Tigers and Cubs on a wet cold day in Detroit when the temperature was near freezing. When a reporter asked him about the experience he famously complained, “I shoulda stood in bed”, which is New Yorkese for “stayed in bed”. Shakespeare could not have said it any better.

Mustelid Maximus could not have said it any better.
Edited by Weasel
  • Like 1

King's Stand Stakes results

1. Blue Point 5/2
2. Battaash 2/1 f
3. Soldier's Call 16/1 
4. Mabs Cross 6/1
5. Fairyland 16/1
6. Imprimis 7/1
7. Equilateral 20/1
8. Houtzen 33/1
9. Signora Cabello 66/1
10. Sergei Prokofiev 12/1
11. Enzo's Lad 66/1
12. Judicial 66/1

Day 2 and the stick is sinking a little further in today.Straight course just on the soft side and soft all over the round course.50/50 whether  they get thunderstorms this afternoon,if so the ducks will be out on Swindley Bottom!!

It looks more of a each way day on paper with Favs at £6

R1 Paying 4 places-   16-26-13-9   roughie 11

R2 10-6-13

R3 7-8-6

R4 1-17-7

R5  paying 5 places-   9-14-10-2

R6 18-6-4

Looks a tough day, so only 1 caught my eye for sole investment  Kimari in R1

No ante - post running today 

Best of luck

Well,the only thing I got right on day 2 was the weather and track!?

Which makes me ask the question!Are clerks of the course/track managers all from the same mould around the world?Is down grading your track taboo?

Today after over night rain the c o t c fails to give the punting public the true track conditions before race 1, and with the heavy down pours and jockeys comments he finally changes the state of the track after R4 ?.Just say it as it is f###wits!!The rest of the week looks good weather wise,but it's going to take a couple of days to dry out!As I have been saying all week,do your homework as the goalposts have  moved .

Hopefully we can find a winner in the next 3 days.

• Haha 1