Bit Of A Yarn

GO NICHOLAS...Change of tactics today...

Thomass

...so this is what Punters get notified in Aus.

...here it's a guessing game and only something you get after hearing connections interviewed...

This horse is getting older and wiser and playing the fool...today the instructions are to race far handier if possible...

...VB on second time to sharpen him up...on a better track...has he still got the desire?

Time will tell..but at least SOME Punters know what's happening today...

..and why PUNTERS IN NZ are moving to sports betting

The TRANSPARENCY here is simply APPALLING

The RIU couldn't care less

So try as he might to get handy...the APP just couldn't get him there...

...ran on well though after lacking that early pace...probably needs a mile now...ties in with his top effort in the Easter..

What was interesting though wrt to 'Change of Tactic' notification 

Was the COMPLETE reversal of tactics on the favourite MASSACHUSETTS...

Usual leader...Punters and SPEED Maps expected just that

WTF happened??

Snagged back from a wide draw on a leader's track...and never looked interested 

So the FEDS...who don't want the Aus. rule here...OATHAM "it doesn't work here"

BULLSHIT

said this

"MASSACHUSETTS (A Calder) Restrained from a wide barrier to obtain cover and raced towards the back of the field as a result. Rider A Calder was questioned regarding his riding tactics, in particular why he had restrained the filly soon after leaving the barriers. Rider A Calder explained that MASSACHUSETTS had not been finding the line when being ridden on the speed at its previous two races with connections today giving instructions to ride the filly quietly, further advising that they had got further back than intended being unable to obtain cover."

So if they're questioning the INTEGRITY of the ride...detailing 6 lines to the change....

...Why on earth wouldn't they ...and PUNTERS...want to know this BEFORE the race??

As is required in Aus...where it would have been tweeted

"MASSACHUSETTS will be attempted to be ridden back from a wide barrier"

Simple..and is part of the overall INTEGRITY of the betting product...

As Sweet Pee Marsh and Stick McKee said last year....

"yes, of course we should have this rule here"

Edited by Thomass
  • Champ Post 1

yes, a better run by GN ..and barryb called it Sat morn, naming him as a multi builder at very attractive odds.

Beaten by a better horse on the day..Hello It's Me is a Grp 2 (Royal Stakes) winner who is capable of a Grp 1 here in the next year or so, an impressive and imposing mare ..should go well in the Spring, esp on rain-affected tracks. 

Where here Weas?  I didn't see it but I'll take your word...Bazz 'labels' a hell of a lot at "massive odds just get on" though if you notice?

Yes totally agree..that mare has the constitution of an Ox and will improve to be one of the standout mares into the spring

4 hours ago, Thomass said:

Where here Weas?  I didn't see it but I'll take your word...Bazz 'labels' a hell of a lot at "massive odds just get on" though if you notice?

Yes totally agree..that mare has the constitution of an Ox and will improve to be one of the standout mares into the spring

You label a lot too T, all of them on Monday 2 days late.

• Like 1

I'm not saying your philosophy of on pace runners and tempo is wrong Bazz..each to their own...indeed Waterhouse insists on racing that way...

..but your application is...without using an algorithmic system you're prone to fits of pique...

...kicking yourself in the Breeders Stakes when tossing up between the winner and an also ran...then complaining to your bff that "I'm getting lots of places"

...then you experimenting with place betting...have you run that past him btw?

...and as ATA keeps reminding you...the failure to complete the last 3 'experiments' of your " massive run of outs"

...then poor Herman rushing to your support after tipping a lone 10/1 shot...

"that'll sort Thomass out"

Wake. The. F. Up.

When you can put up selections before the race then anything you say might be taken seriously.

Until you do then you will remain the laughing stock of racing forums.

A challenge to you and your brother ATA with regard to Te Rapa this Saturday, you will know by now that there is a bias, tommorrow you will know draws and blinkers, friday prices will be up and Sat .morning scr are out, please can you both suggest what we back on this easy to work out bias track.

• Like 1