Bit Of A Yarn

Mr,Sean Hannan

cichlid

I suppose we shouldn't expect to much coming from a GRNZ Board decision for the CEO position.

Just look at their past history...

Super Mario.

Phil Holden.

Roebyna Bak.

Not sure if this is the full/accurate recent list, but what has come from the CEO position has been so dismal, it doesn't really matter whose name is on the list.

Until the time GRNZ finally has a functional board, expect nothing better coming from it. Without change, the Board room will be all boarded up within 5 years time, if even that long.

Phil Holden, former CEO of NZ Rugby League could have been awesome, but then Glenda ordered the Hansen report and there's no coming back from that.

If she can get an organisation like the NZRB wound up she won't have too much trouble making the offices of the NZGRA vacant maybe they'll put the virtual horse racing geeks in there instead

• Like 2

11 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

I suppose we shouldn't expect to much coming from a GRNZ Board decision for the CEO position.

Just look at their past history...

Super Mario.

Phil Holden.

Roebyna Bak.

Not sure if this is the full/accurate recent list, but what has come from the CEO position has been so dismal, it doesn't really matter whose name is on the list.

Until the time GRNZ finally has a functional board, expect nothing better coming from it. Without change, the Board room will be all boarded up within 5 years time, if even that long.

I agree, the code will be done in 5 years. She is here to spin the Cole case, and as quoted in the Stuff link I posted, she doesn't care whether he is guilty or not. The thoroughbred fraternity are already issuing their sincere condolences.

Hughs was Chairman of the RIB which recently oversaw the changing of the Racing Act Constitution to allow more profits from the TAB to be spent on sports, and less on racing. Prior to the change, all profits from the TAB were funneled back to racing by law. Now sports are on an equal footing with racing when it comes to diving up the profits. Yes the same TAB that was built on the back of racing. Now sports get to get half the profits without skin in the game. She is a sellout.

• Champ Post 1

• 10 months later...

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2546/Sean-Hannan-Appointed-Chair-of-Greyhounds-Australasia

Sean Hannan Appointed Chair of Greyhounds Australasia

Good afternoon all,

We wish to announce that Greyhound Racing New Zealand Chairman, Sean Hannan, has been elected as Chair for Greyhounds Australasia from April 2020. 
We apologize for this delayed announcement; the documentation was only confirmed last week. 

We wish Sean the best of luck on this new endeavour,
The GRNZ Team 

16 hours ago, Yankiwi said:

https://www.grnz.co.nz/News/2546/Sean-Hannan-Appointed-Chair-of-Greyhounds-Australasia

Sean Hannan Appointed Chair of Greyhounds Australasia

Good afternoon all,

We wish to announce that Greyhound Racing New Zealand Chairman, Sean Hannan, has been elected as Chair for Greyhounds Australasia from April 2020. 
We apologize for this delayed announcement; the documentation was only confirmed last week. 

We wish Sean the best of luck on this new endeavour,
The GRNZ Team 

Good luck to them, they will need it.

I believe it is.It is voted on by the sitting state representatives.I think I was the last kiwi to be voted as deputy chairman,Gordon was Chairman and before that Deputy chairman before me .I think there was only one other kiwi maybe Sam Fletcher to hold either position.Thats if my memory is correct.Dave Kingston