Bit Of A Yarn

LOOSE or HOLDING...Just do it!

Thomass

So week after week we have owners/Jockeys/ Trainers making excuses...and btw they appear in the Stipes Reports...nothing anecdotal 

Of their horses being unable to handle Sticky or more accurately HOLDING ground...once an OFFICIAL description of track conditions in this country...

So after THE GORDONIAN wins on Saturday...

"oh yes the race 3 days ago may have looked average but it was on HOLDING ground...today it was loose and he loves that"

Blardy marvellous....can Punters analyse this preference at a glance from a PDF form guide then??  It'd be so easy to do wouldn't it?

NO and of course YES......

NZTR consulted the PATHETIC RIU and said...

"YES WE CAN" ...oops sorry that was the fantasy kids show Builder Bob who said that...

John Oatham said

"F OFF WE CANT...even though we accept that excuse as a legitimate one"

An identical situation would be form on a Synthetic track back to grass..and not identifying that fact to Punters via the PDF form guide...which would be ID'd at a glance...

Just like Oathey said "we don't allow change of tactics notification in NZ even though Australia does...because....we're different"

Hahahaha

F me...And they wonder why Thoroughbred Punters have buggered off to Sports betting...

I can't tell you how ecstatic I am to hear you got one over the ignorami turns...

Unfortunately you were too stupid to look at the rain radar/ Weather girl Rennae...to realise there was 100% chance of rain and therefore a loose az track...

...Your mates can read... apparently...and supposedly got on at 51's...

Loser

However, If the dickheads at the RIU...who refused to accept the term HOLDING...but continually accept that as an excuse from connections of form reversals..

...rubber stamped by the equal ignorami at NZTR...

...had have insisted labelling Tracks as HOLDING...

Punters could then have viewed...at a glance on a PDF form guide...

A neddy's ability to swim through loose...but not glue..

...just as a neddy reverting back to grass from synthetic is totes unsuited...a MAJOR consideration in Form Analysis 

Comprendez?

Ok I'm really over the f in moon for you...does that help??

Wouldnt you like to have instantaneous knowledge, at a glance, of other neddys you're ignorant about wrt their LOOSE/HOLDING form though turns?

Via the PDF form in the designated PDF area of your hip pocket...and no im not referring to your VPL...lacey I presume?

It's YOU'RE...You are a legend...ok?

Or...YOU ARE...YOU'RE a DICKHEAD...

...or...your dickhead is the bell end of all richard craniums...a supreme dickhead

As I say..I'm over the f in moon about YOUR incredible perspicacity on this...

But have you no empathy for your fellow Punters who didn't get the oil that this neddy eats loose mud..but not glue??

And that if the ignorant RIU accept the excuse of GLUE V LOOSE...

that they should highlight that in their pitch reports?

And that NZTR should also accept that rating in their f in PDF stats they send to RITA...god bless her

It's a waste of time.  An assessment would be purely subjective and if you can't measure it quantitatively then it's not worth worrying about.

Anyway I thought you would have been all over The Gordonian because of the weight he carried.  Even though 0.5kg over carded weight he was carrying 54kg down 5kg's on his previous two starts.  Maybe it was the weight that was "holding"?  Especially when considering that those 5kg's would have been lead dead weight!

Incidentally his last win before Saturday he was carrying a similar weight. In fact his last 4 wins he has carried between 53 and 55 kg.

24 minutes ago, Chief Stipe said:

It's a waste of time.  An assessment would be purely subjective and if you can't measure it quantitatively then it's not worth worrying about.

Anyway I thought you would have been all over The Gordonian because of the weight he carried.  Even though 0.5kg over carded weight he was carrying 54kg down 5kg's on his previous two starts.  Maybe it was the weight that was "holding"?  Especially when considering that those 5kg's would have been lead dead weight!

Incidentally his last win before Saturday he was carrying a similar weight. In fact his last 4 wins he has carried between 53 and 55 kg.

So it must be a waste of time when Stipes do the obligatory radio report they always tell us...

"it'll be HOLDING"...if it is..or "loose" when it's not?

Next you'll be telling us ALL horses can handle a H 11 ...when there's a 30L difference between some H 11's?

No, good luck to older neddys when they win...but I'm all over the young ones...you should know by now

...less miles in the legs, on the up, from a lower base weight...in short progressive neddys...

But you're right about some neddys having a 'winning weight' suited to their physical statures...

23 minutes ago, Thomass said:

So it must be a waste of time when Stipes do the obligatory radio report they always tell us...

"it'll be HOLDING"...if it is..or "loose" when it's not?

Ask the Stipes why they tell us unquantifiable mis-information BEFORE a horse has even galloped on the track!  Not that you can rely much on what the RIU tell us.

There may be differences in H11's when comparing races but what you fail to understand, as evident from all your posts on selecting winners, is that the key is selecting the best chance WITHIN the field based on the conditions that that field will experience.

The Gordonian didn't win becausing it was "loose" vs "holding".  

"is that the key is selecting the best chance WITHIN the field based on the conditions that that field will experience."

Wtf are you talking about??

ALL horsemen know that HOLDING tracks totally stuff some horses...

...oh that's right...YOURE NOT A HORSEMAN!

Yesterday yet again...Kylie Little

"yes last start she didn't like the HOLDING track"

Hence her failure..." but we think she's still got it on the flat despite that failure"

Wake up..get off your keyboard...go learn some horsemanship or just go shopping in K Smart...

25 minutes ago, Thomass said:

ALL horsemen know that HOLDING tracks totally stuff some horses...

I don't think so - once again you are taking the "opinion" of SOME trainers, extoling it as FACT and extrapolating to included ALL!!!!

The point is you can't quantitatively tell if a track is "holding or loose" - because if you could then the trainers you quote would have scratched their horses to benefit punters.

GO figure why they didn't!

'Think' would be a very big question mark when it comes to your understanding things 'horse'

I know MANY horsemen...and I simply don't know of one who 'thinks' it's not a ' thing'

Please go looking for one...Then name them so we can shame them...or I'll just email/ ring them to knock their 2 heads together...

btw I said "stuff SOME"

Lets analogise so you'll understand

You've spent a night on the turps...mixing drinks as you do...Chaser Chaser Chaser, rumncoke, Bloody Mary, Pimms...like a typical Reemers housewife...

...next morning you run your coated tongue along the roof of the mouth..where the falsys usually sit...but it sticks like glue while smelling like a dogs ass...

...after passing out .. the wife thinks you've snuffed it and does the kiss of life...only to pass out as well from the putrid stench amid the fermenting pizza...after you got the munchies post toke...

Instead of the usual morning full bodied French kiss...where the tongue runs smoothly around every corner... as smooth as silk on Ferrari leather...loose az

thats the diff

20 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

You talk crap Thomaas.  Trainers only roll out the "holding" excuse AFTER the race or at the next race when there is a reversal of form.

How many of these trainers scratch because it's "holding"?  

In the case of the track becoming sticky and holding during the day they would incur a fine Chief. 

They can only late scratch penalty free with a change in the rating of the track during the day.