Bit Of A Yarn

Ellipses - why we find Thomaas so infuriating!

Chief Stipe

Do you find the excessive use of ellipses (...) irritating, infuriating and/or difficult to read?  

20 members have voted

1. 1. Do you find the excessive use of ellipses (...) irritating, infuriating and/or difficult to read?

• Irritating
    • Infuriating
    • Difficult to read
    • Irritating, Infuriating and Difficult to read
    • Don't really care
    • No

I find most of Thomass's ellipsis's rather pleasing, in a rhythmic sense.

They tend to lengthen the time I spend browsing galloping forum, all the while tapping my feet.

Just last week, while reading one of his posts, I found my feet breaking out into a full waltz mode. One Two Three. One Two Three. One Two Three.

• Haha 1

16 hours ago, Chief Stipe said:

Stop being a child Thomaas.

Have you done it yet. .  .  .  .??

Can you not understand the STUPIDITY of it all when you allow "FUCKING" fuck poster mardigras. .  .  .  .

.  .  .  . but not 3 dots?

I felt a certain responsibility to keep posting here after you upheld free speech.  .

.  .  but to be honest. .  .  .I'd rather be doing other things. .  .  .

.  .  .  the balls in your court. .  .  either I post unrestricted from the ridiculous 3 dot auto ban and without editing. .  .

.  .or I'm gone and you can whistle dixie 

Edited by Thomass

In many of your recent posts the use of ellipses have been unnecessary to convey your point of view.  Nor do BOAY posters know that you spent in excess of an hour constantly trying to get round the system.   

Thomaas I'm not being held to ransom by you or anyone else.  Entirely up to you what you want to do within the constraints of the system.  

Now some individuals swear (including you) however aside from you they do not post with any level of ambiguity.  What they say is clear and succinct.

Admit it you are playing mind fuck games with the way you write hence the often vitriolic responses or derision you get. Given you have an apparent high level of literacy then it can be assumed that you do this deliberately. 

Up to you if you want to contribute positively and use more grammatically correct prose.  You are obviously an intelligent individual so I'm sure it won't be difficult for you to adjust.  

I categorically deny I do it to play mind f games . .  .it's to get to the point in a succinct clear way without unnecessary delay

.admit your pathetically obcessed by it. .  .  .

A very good knowledgeable poster uses a similar style on another site

"I didn't say will make a good stallion , I said be looking at Group 1 and place at stud , two different things . We all know that there are a lot of dud stalllions . Per Incanto off top my head , won  in Italy , brought by Shadwell , underachieved, injury or the like . Cast off , top stallion so who knows.

Lockinge a very good race , underrated as start of season . Winners normally pretty good horses imho.

Many differing opinions out that Foxbridge , that's what a decent race should produce at start season ."

Drops unnecessary words to get to the point .  .  .

The f in Amazon's on fire and you're worried about 3 f in dots. .  .  

.  .  . get a f in grip

• Haha 1